This is one pickup that we’ve been hoping for: Fox has given J.J. Abrams’ robot cops project a pilot order.
The untitled project is moving to the next stage at the network. It’s described as “an action-packed buddy cop show, set in the near future, when all Lapd officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids.” In other words, they don’t look like C-3Po (that would be Abrams’ other project making news this week).
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are 'Bourne' again. Are they Hollywood's top actor/director pair? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 17 September 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars’ Provides Disney with a ‘Huge Opportunity’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 September 2014, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Three Authors Who Kept Their Visions By Adapting Their Books to Screen (From Variety - Film News. 17 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Fall Network TV Preview: Mondays (From SoundOnSight. 15 September 2014, 10:05 PM, PDT)
- New Once Upon a Time Poster Adds Big Chill to Classic Imagery (From TVLine.com. 14 September 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Poster: Queen Elsa Is Letting It Go, All Right (From TVLine.com. 12 September 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
"The West Wing" (1999)
- Survey: 81% of TV Directors Are White, Only 14% Are Female (From Variety - TV News. 17 September 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Aaron Sorkin: I didn't know how 'The Newsroom' was going to end (From EW.com - Inside TV. 17 September 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Zachary Quinto to Deliver Explosive Slap in NBC Miniseries (From TVLine.com. 9 September 2014, 2:20 PM, PDT)