A sequel to the hugely popular martial arts epic Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon from Ang Lee (Life of Pi) is due to start production this year. According to Deadline, The Weinstein Company will produce the follow up with John Fusco (Forbidden Kingdom) set to write the script and Ronny Yu (Freddy vs. Jason) in talks to direct to the new film. Yu is no stranger to the martial arts genre, having directed Fearless starring Jet Li (Cradle 2 The Grave) in 2006.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was the fourth book in the Crane-Iron Series by Wang Du Lu. The film adaptation starred Chow Yun-Fat (The Replacement Killers) and Zhang Ziyi (Memoirs of a Geisha) and won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, as well as three other Academy Awards.
It is believed that the new film will be based on the fifth book Silver Vase, Iron Knight and would continue »
Similar News ItemsLife of Pi (2012)
- Top Five Tigers in Film (From Flickeringmyth. 29 July 2014, 6:19 AM, PDT)
- Taiwan Film Institute Launched (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Disney’s The Jungle Book Adds Giancarlo Esposito And Christopher Walken (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2014, 8:31 PM, PDT)
- The Expendables 3 leaks online, downloaded 189,000 times in 24 hours (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 July 2014, 3:37 AM, PDT)
- The Expendables 3 Rules Comic-Con (From ShockYa. 25 July 2014, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- U.S. Majors Recover Box Office Ground in China in a Year of Solid Growth (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Laff: Sony Pictures Classics Revisits ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 June 2014, 12:14 PM, PDT)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon prequel shooting in New Zealand (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 April 2014, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon prequel ready to shoot in New Zealand (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2014, 10:05 AM, PDT)