Burnell Taylor - Baton Rouge Audition... by IdolxMuzic
The best "American Idol" audition of the bunch in Louisiana came from 19-year-old Burnell Taylor, a survivor of Hurricane Katrina who now lives in Baton Rouge and who got his musical background from his grandfather.
He chose to sing "I'm Here" from "The Color Purple," which is an interesting song choice -- Broadway sound is generally not what they're looking for. But he wasn't too show tune-y and the judges were big fans.
"I loved it. I can't even -- I felt every single word you sang. Just spectacular," says Mariah. And Nicki chimes in, "That is what we came for. I feel like we've been flying all around this country for that ... that wasn't even an audition, that was just entertainment for us."
Keith adds, "Somewhere there's a spotlight right now waiting for you to walk into it."
What did you think of Burnell, »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- American Idol Recap: Stop and 'Frisco (From TVLine.com. 28 January 2015, 6:26 PM, PST)
- Endemol Shine North America Chiefs Talk ‘Black Mirror’ Adaptation for U.S. (From Variety - TV News. 28 January 2015, 5:23 PM, PST)
- Harry Connick, Jr. and Keith Urban Open Up About the Lack of Diversity of American Idol Winners (From E! Online. 28 January 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
The Color Purple (1985)
- Few No. 1 Billboard Hits Win Big at the Oscars (From Scott Feinberg. 22 January 2015, 6:48 AM, PST)
- Frank Marshall Selected as the Ace Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year by American Cinema Editors (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 January 2015, 12:08 PM, PST)
- Frank Marshall Honored by American Cinema Editors as Filmmaker of the Year (From Variety - Film News. 20 January 2015, 7:29 AM, PST)
Baton Rouge (1988)
- Adam Brody, Elizabeth McGovern, Cicely Tyson Join ‘Showing Roots’ (From Deadline New York. 16 January 2015, 12:56 PM, PST)
- Tom Cruise and Doug Liman reteaming on Mena (From Flickeringmyth. 15 January 2015, 1:17 PM, PST)
- Cruise, Hunnam Plan Drug Cartel Dramas (From Dark Horizons. 14 January 2015, 3:40 PM, PST)