Star Wars Episode VII has been one of the most talked-about films in recent months, with the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney bringing word that a new trilogy would be born.
We first heard the rumour that Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class) would be taking the helm back in November, and when we interviewed Jason Flemyng, who’s worked with Vaughn for years, at the Seven Psychopaths premiere, he seemingly let slip that Vaughn would be taking the helm.
But now it looks like all rumours and speculation can be set aside, with the announcement that Jj Abrams will be taking the helm for the first instalment in the coming trilogy according to this report from The Wrap.
It is a surprising move for Abrams, »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- The Snap: Everything Wrong With Urban Outfitters (From Hitfix. 18 September 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- See 'Popeye' like you've never seen him before in this CGI-animated footage (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 18 September 2014, 5:03 PM, PDT)
- Rian Johnson Says The Creative Freedom On Star Wars Is Exciting; J.J. Abrams Continues The Viral Games With Zack Snyder (From The Playlist. 18 September 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
- Zachary Quinto: Third Star Trek Film Starts Shooting in Six Months (From E! Online. 18 September 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Batman’s Batmobile Hitches Ride on Millennium Falcon in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Holy 'Star Wars,' Batman: Millennium Falcon footage features Batmobile (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 18 September 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Alexa Platt Returns To Open Road Films After Stint At AwesomenessTV (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Chris Rock Comedy ‘Top Five’ Gets December Release Date (From The Wrap. 18 September 2014, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Yahoo: UK needs cinema-going evolution (From ScreenDaily. 18 September 2014, 9:38 AM, PDT)