There's no doubt that LL Cool J is a hip-hop heavyweight. The rapper has not only made a name for himself in music, but he has also carved out a career in film and television.
But despite the celebrity of his adulthood, the entertainer, whose real name is James Todd Smith, struggled with abuse as a child. In the latest installment of "Oprah's Next Chapter," the rapper opens up to media queen, Oprah Winfrey, about his experience being abused as a child.
LL Cool J wrote about his struggle in his 1998 autobiography "I Make My Own Rules," claiming that a man named Roscoe, who lived with the rapper's mother, beat him ruthlessly and tormented him psychologically. Fifteen years later, he is now sitting down to discuss the impact of the abuse on national television.
This is just another addition in a long line of intimate celebrity interviews Oprah has managed to snag, »
- Danielle Cadet
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Watch: A Rare Look Inside Motown's Private Meetings (From Huffington Post. 18 June 2013, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive clips: Icons Diahann Carroll and Berry Gordy dish for Oprah (From Hitfix. 14 June 2013, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- Feminist Friday: Ladybits and Man Brains (From AfterEllen.com. 14 June 2013, 10:05 AM, PDT)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- Afternoon Delight: Melissa Etheridge weighs in on Angelina Jolie's medical decision, Jamie Babbit to be honored at Frameline (From AfterEllen.com. 18 June 2013, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Morning Brew - Tues. June 18: "The Fosters" casts Lena's ex, Ellen is the most famous gay in America (From AfterEllen.com. 18 June 2013, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- 'As Soon As They Start Hating On You, You Must Be Huge' (From Huffington Post. 17 June 2013, 6:11 PM, PDT)
Lance Armstrong (I)
- Miley Cyrus Named Worst Celebrity Role Model By Parents (From Huffington Post. 18 June 2013, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Five New Photos from Disney's Frozen (From MovieWeb. 17 June 2013, 6:01 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Shine at Lake Bell's Wedding (From PEOPLE.com. 4 June 2013, 1:30 PM, PDT)