With the July release date on the horizon, we can expect a trailer for Wolverine's second solo X-Men outing very soon. But before that, director James Mangold talked to MTV about The Wolverine and what we can expect from it.
"The wonderful opportunity for me with this film is that 90 percent of it takes place in Japan," he said. "And even though other elements remain constant from the other pictures, namely Hugh Jackman, we kind of got our chance to reboot the tone and go a little darker and a little deeper than they've gone before with this character. That was exciting for me."
As one would expect with 90% of the movie set in Japan, there are a lot of Japanese elements to the movie which Mangold also discusses: "There is a significant amount of Japanese spoken in the movie, and the cast is almost entirely Japanese. So there is »
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Deadpool: Ryan Reynolds on channeling the character (From Den of Geek. 21 October 2016, 5:23 AM, PDT)
- Red Dwarf XI episode 6 review: Can Of Worms (From Den of Geek. 21 October 2016, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- American Horror Story season 6: Roanoke Chapter 6 review (From Den of Geek. 21 October 2016, 1:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘X-Men’ Live-Action TV Series in Development at Fox (From Variety - Film News. 26 January 2015, 11:19 AM, PST)
- 24 Things We Learned from the ‘X-Men’ Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 May 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Sundance: Bryan Singer, Tracy Chapman, Leonard Maltin, ‘Prometheus’ Writer Join Juries (From The Wrap. 9 January 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
The Wolverine (2013)
- Logan Trailer – Flickering Myth Reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2016, 2:11 AM, PDT)
- Logan Trailer Hits And Reveals Very Odd X-Men Effort (From AreYouScreening. 20 October 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Logan Trailer: Wolverine Returns One Last Time (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2016, 7:24 AM, PDT)