With the July release date on the horizon, we can expect a trailer for Wolverine's second solo X-Men outing very soon. But before that, director James Mangold talked to MTV about The Wolverine and what we can expect from it.
"The wonderful opportunity for me with this film is that 90 percent of it takes place in Japan," he said. "And even though other elements remain constant from the other pictures, namely Hugh Jackman, we kind of got our chance to reboot the tone and go a little darker and a little deeper than they've gone before with this character. That was exciting for me."
As one would expect with 90% of the movie set in Japan, there are a lot of Japanese elements to the movie which Mangold also discusses: "There is a significant amount of Japanese spoken in the movie, and the cast is almost entirely Japanese. So there is »
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Teen Choice Awards Nominees Announced! (From Huffington Post. 22 May 2013, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Teen Choice Awards 2013 nominees: 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' and 'The Vampire Diaries' score (From Pop2it. 22 May 2013, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- Teen Choice Awards 2013: First wave nominees in full (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 May 2013, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- 12 Worst Superhero Team-Ups Ever (From Obsessed with Film. 22 May 2013, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- The Wolverine Featured On The Cover Of This Week's Entertainment Weekly (From ComicBookMovie. 22 May 2013, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Wicked New Trailer for The Wolverine Finally Released (From ShockYa. 22 May 2013, 10:12 AM, PDT)
The Wolverine (2013)
- Wolverine Slices His Way On To The Cover Of Entertainment Weekly (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2013, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- New X Men,Wolverine 2 Second Movie Trailer Hit The Net With Unseen Footage (From OnTheFlix. 22 May 2013, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- This Week's Cover: 'The Wolverine' tops your Summer Must List (From EW.com - PopWatch. 22 May 2013, 12:00 PM, PDT)