It should go without saying that to be an athlete on just about any level, one must have a fairly high threshold for pain. But freeskier Bobby Brown takes it to the extreme.
Nearly three years ago in Alaska, the four-time X Games gold medalist landed the sport's first triple-cork 1260 (that's 3 1/2 rotations) two months after fracturing his pelvis and three vertebrae during a backcountry film shoot.
"It was just a way faster recovery than I thought," Brown, who will be among the 200 athletes in Aspen, Colo., competing in the 2013 Winter X Games, which air Thursday through Sunday, Jan. 24-27, on Espn, tells Zap2it. "It wasn't completely broken. It was a pretty serious fracture, and then I fractured three vertebrae in my back, and I just got cleared from the doctors and after like three months was good to go and just kind of put it out of my mind and felt great. »
Similar News ItemsTim Tebow
- Mark Cuban Super Bowl Party -- A Little Chili Pepper, Anyone? (From TMZ. 7 February 2016, 6:44 AM, PST)
- Let Nina Dobrev's Lip Sync Battle Get You Ready For the Super Bowl (From Popsugar. 5 February 2016, 8:00 PM, PST)
- Tim Tebow’s Chastity Tribute Is Far Greater Than Nina Dobrev’s ‘Let’s Get It On’ on Lip Sync Battle (From Vulture. 5 February 2016, 7:46 AM, PST)
- Sochi Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony Recap: The Giant Mechanical Bear Misha Re-emerged To Extinguish Olympic Flame (From Uinterview. 23 February 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Sochi: Olympic Skiers Pay Moving Tribute to Sarah Burke (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 February 2014, 11:49 AM, PST)
- Olympics: Medalists Honor Sarah Burke by Pointing to the Sky (From The Wrap. 21 February 2014, 6:37 AM, PST)
Bobby Brown (XVIII)
- Mike Tyson Remembers His Rise & Fall in 'Champs' Documentary (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 March 2015, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- These 10 Olympians from Team USA Were the Most Popular on Instagram During Sochi (From PEOPLE.com. 23 February 2014, 6:00 PM, PST)
- Winter X Games 2014 TV schedule (From ChannelGuideMag. 23 January 2014, 6:30 AM, PST)