Natalie Portman is one lucky lady. Not only is she married to a super hot professional dancer, but his new gig gives them a great excuse to purchase a residence in Paris.
Benjamin Millepied, who Portman met and fell in love with while filming "Black Swan," has been named the new director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet. He will serve as the successor to Brigitte Lefevre, who acted as director since 1995 and plans to retire either in 2013 or 2014.
Millepied's new gig will start in September 2014, and The New York Times reports that his appointment comes as a shock. Many expected that the new director would be chosen from a past or present member of the Paris Opera Ballet company. Millepied, 35, retired from professional dancing in 2011.
"I certainly knew about the position, but I also knew that there were candidates from within the company," Millepied told the Times prior to this announcement. »
Similar News ItemsNatalie Portman
- Cannes 2014: 15 films we'd like to see (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Foreign Productions Dig Jerusalem Because of Mayor’s Film-Friendly Policies (From Variety - Film News. 14 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Rooney Mara Cast As Tiger Lily In ‘Pan’ (From LatinoReview. 13 March 2014, 10:58 AM, PDT)
Black Swan (2010)
- Miles Teller Talks Superpowers, the Apocalypse and Playing Divergent's Tough Guy (From PEOPLE.com. 13 March 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Fox Searchlight Pictures Announces 20th Anniversary Celebration Releases & Events (From The Daily BLAM!. 13 March 2014)
- Noah: A Prophetic Russell Crowe Featured On IMAX Poster (From ComicBookMovie. 12 March 2014, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Benjamin Millepied's L.A. Dance Project Finds New Home at the Theatre at Ace (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 February 2014, 11:07 AM, PST)
- Berlin: Drama ‘Mad’ Toplines Robust Slate From Paris-Based MK2 (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 6 February 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Natalie Portman's Husband Benjamin Millepied Is Converting to Judaism (From Us Weekly. 1 February 2014, 2:33 AM, PST)