Natalie Portman is one lucky lady. Not only is she married to a super hot professional dancer, but his new gig gives them a great excuse to purchase a residence in Paris.
Benjamin Millepied, who Portman met and fell in love with while filming "Black Swan," has been named the new director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet. He will serve as the successor to Brigitte Lefevre, who acted as director since 1995 and plans to retire either in 2013 or 2014.
Millepied's new gig will start in September 2014, and The New York Times reports that his appointment comes as a shock. Many expected that the new director would be chosen from a past or present member of the Paris Opera Ballet company. Millepied, 35, retired from professional dancing in 2011.
"I certainly knew about the position, but I also knew that there were candidates from within the company," Millepied told the Times prior to this announcement. »
Similar News ItemsNatalie Portman
- Kristen Stewart continues her own path with new Kelly Reichardt film (From Hitfix. 28 February 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Chris Hemsworth Is Excited to Make Thor Funny Again in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' (From Moviefone. 27 February 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Metrodome reveals Berlin deals (From ScreenDaily. 27 February 2015, 3:25 AM, PST)
Black Swan (2010)
- Ballet 422 – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 February 2015, 8:46 PM, PST)
- Critics Debate the Best and Worst of the Oscars (From Variety - Film News. 23 February 2015, 3:38 PM, PST)
- Top 12 really creepy ballet moments in film and TV (From Den of Geek. 23 February 2015, 9:40 AM, PST)
- Ariana Grande Reportedly Unleashes Her Ego At A New York City Hotel (From VH1.com. 30 September 2014, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- These Stars Are Just as Crazy in Love With Beyoncé and Jay Z as You Are (From Popsugar. 4 August 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- After 21 Years, Natalie Portman And Aleen Keshishian Change Rep Relationship (From Deadline. 11 July 2014, 5:17 PM, PDT)