Cissy Houston is releasing a memoir about her daughter Whitney Houston nearly one year after her drowning death. "Remembering Whitney" is described as "honest and heartbreaking, a mother's story of tears, joy, and her greatest love of all -- her daughter."
In the book, Cissy opens up a very dark side of life as Whitney's mom, saying she didn't know about her daughter's drug use in the early days, and truly didn't want to know. She says when she did become concerned, she kept quiet about it. "What was the point?" asks Cissy. "I didn't want her to run completely away from me."
She also lays heavy blame on Whitney's allegedly abusive ex-husband, Bobby Brown. "I blame him for the way he treated her," she says, "but I don't blame him for her drug problems." Though she adds, "He didn't help her, that's for damn sure."
In what must be »
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Variety’s Power of Women 2015 (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Leads Mumbai Film Festival Jury (From Thompson on Hollywood. 5 October 2015, 8:22 AM, PDT)
- ‘All My Children’ Alum Debbi Morgan Opens Up About Her Family’s History of Abuse (Video) (From The Wrap. 2 October 2015, 3:04 PM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Nick Gordon Tries to Stop Civil Lawsuit Blaming Him for Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death (From E! Online. 7 October 2015, 5:25 AM, PDT)
- Nick Gordon May Face Murder Charges, Source Claims Da Is Convening Secret Grand Jury (From Us Weekly. 6 October 2015, 1:36 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor 2015 spoilers: What are the Girls singing in the Six Chair Challenge tonight? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 3 October 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
Bobby Brown (I)
- Nick Gordon Fighting Bobbi Kristina Brown Lawsuit That Paints Him as a Murderer, Abuser, and Drug User (From Us Weekly. 6 October 2015, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cause of Death Placed Under Seal (From The Wrap. 28 September 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Bobby Brown Urges Atlanta Da to ‘Look Closely’ Into Bobbi Kristina’s Death (From The Wrap. 14 September 2015, 6:15 PM, PDT)