Cissy Houston is releasing a memoir about her daughter Whitney Houston nearly one year after her drowning death. "Remembering Whitney" is described as "honest and heartbreaking, a mother's story of tears, joy, and her greatest love of all -- her daughter."
In the book, Cissy opens up a very dark side of life as Whitney's mom, saying she didn't know about her daughter's drug use in the early days, and truly didn't want to know. She says when she did become concerned, she kept quiet about it. "What was the point?" asks Cissy. "I didn't want her to run completely away from me."
She also lays heavy blame on Whitney's allegedly abusive ex-husband, Bobby Brown. "I blame him for the way he treated her," she says, "but I don't blame him for her drug problems." Though she adds, "He didn't help her, that's for damn sure."
In what must be »
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Oprah Winfrey Says Goodbye to Nelson Mandela: ‘My Hero’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 5 December 2013, 9:01 PM, PST)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Lee Daniels’ The Butler (From Disc Dish. 5 December 2013, 4:20 PM, PST)
- Sponsored: Whitaker, Winfrey Lead Terrific Ensemble in 'The Butler' (From Backstage. 5 December 2013, 1:30 PM, PST)
Whitney Houston (I)
- South African leader Nelson Mandela dead at 95: Inspired music, movies, art (From Hitfix. 5 December 2013, 2:37 PM, PST)
- Video: Beyonce Dedicates "I Will Always Love You" to Paul Walker (From TooFab. 5 December 2013, 7:48 AM, PST)
- Beyoncé's La Concert Was Basically a Celebrity Convention (From Popsugar. 4 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
Bobby Brown (I)
- 'The X Factor' Jukebox week: Live blog (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 November 2013, 11:30 AM, PST)
- 'The X Factor': Viewers' choice songs revealed (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 November 2013, 6:56 AM, PST)
- 'The X Factor' latest song list revealed for 'Jukebox' theme (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2013, 11:50 PM, PST)