Cissy Houston is releasing a memoir about her daughter Whitney Houston nearly one year after her drowning death. "Remembering Whitney" is described as "honest and heartbreaking, a mother's story of tears, joy, and her greatest love of all -- her daughter."
In the book, Cissy opens up a very dark side of life as Whitney's mom, saying she didn't know about her daughter's drug use in the early days, and truly didn't want to know. She says when she did become concerned, she kept quiet about it. "What was the point?" asks Cissy. "I didn't want her to run completely away from me."
She also lays heavy blame on Whitney's allegedly abusive ex-husband, Bobby Brown. "I blame him for the way he treated her," she says, "but I don't blame him for her drug problems." Though she adds, "He didn't help her, that's for damn sure."
In what must be »
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Famed Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead -- Dies at 82 (From TMZ. 21 October 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dies at 82 (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2014, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- 11 Celebs Who've Never Been Married (From newser. 19 October 2014, 9:01 AM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- The X Factor: What did the judges have to say about '80s Week? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 October 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- The X Factor Live Show 2: 1980s Week - As it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 October 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor: Week 2's '80s Night song choices revealed (From Digital Spy - TV news. 17 October 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
Bobby Brown (I)
- Chelsea Handler Reveals Which Guests She Hated on "Chelsea Lately" (From TooFab. 8 October 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch Dave Grohl and Chelsea Handler's hilarious SiriusXM Town Hall (From EW.com - PopWatch. 7 October 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Dave Grohl Interviews Chelsea Handler: The 5 Funniest Stories (From Rolling Stone. 7 October 2014, 10:31 AM, PDT)