The billion-dollar Bond is heading home.
"Skyfall," Daniel Craig's third round as Agent 007 -- and the first movie in the half-century-old franchise to gross $1 billion internationally in its original theatrical release -- is set to make its DVD, Blu-ray and On Demand debut Tuesday, Feb. 12. Digital platforms including Amazon and iTunes will begin offering it one week earlier.
The timing may be auspicious in terms of this year's Academy Awards. The generally praised "Skyfall" is up for five Oscars, including best cinematography (for which Roger Deakins earned bountiful kudos), best original score (by Bond first-timer Thomas Newman) and best original song, with Adele scheduled to perform the title tune live for the first time when ABC airs the Oscar-cast Sunday, Feb. 24.
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Josh Gad Rescues Gilligan's Island (From kidspickflicks. 18 December 2013, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Geek Deals: Man Of Steel, The History Of The Batmobile, Uncanny X-men & More (From ComicBookMovie. 15 December 2013, 9:18 AM, PST)
- James Bond's Drinking Would Have Made Him the Worst Spy Ever, Say British Researchers (From Moviefone. 13 December 2013, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Why Penelope Cruz Says Breast Feeding is "Addictive" (From TooFab. 17 December 2013, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Penélope Cruz Says Breastfeeding Is “Addicting” (From Popsugar. 17 December 2013, 7:40 AM, PST)
- Penelope Cruz Breastfed Baby For 13 Months: ‘Breastfeeding Is Addictive’ (From HollywoodLife. 17 December 2013, 7:39 AM, PST)
- Sneak peek teaser for Showtime's Penny Dreadful (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2013, 2:32 AM, PST)
- Adele to be awarded MBE (From RealBollywood. 18 December 2013, 2:23 AM, PST)
- Skyfall, Expendables co-producers team on comedy (From ScreenDaily. 18 December 2013, 2:11 AM, PST)