Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
We don't tend to mess around with "first pictures" here at the Guardian: we're made of sterner stuff. No, we wait for the trailers. But who could resist a picture of old Sherlock himself, Benedict Cumberbatch, dolled up in greasy Andy Warhol wig as everyone's favourite sticker-to-the-man, Julian Assange.
We ought to acknowledge at the outset that the movie it's publicising, The Fifth Estate, is partly based on a book by Guardian writers David Leigh and Luke Harding, WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy, as well as Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange at the World's Most Dangerous Website, by Assange's former right-hand man Daniel Domscheit-Berg.
Assange himself quickly launched an assault on the film during an address to the Oxford Union; he, of course, is still holed up inside the Ecuadorian embassy. »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- ‘The War on Christmas’ and ‘Jews Run Hollywood’: A Holiday Parable (From Variety - TV News. 12 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Jimmy Kimmel Interprets Nelson Mandela Memorial’s Fake Sign Language Interpreter (Video) (From The Wrap. 12 December 2013, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Sony’s Michael Lynton Poised to Hit Jackpot with Snapchat Investment (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 12 December 2013, 8:35 AM, PST)
- Oprah Winfrey: If I’d Had Kids, They Would Have Hated Me (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton Fight Update - Did Lindsay Order Barron Hilton Beat Down? (From National Ledger. 12 December 2013, 8:41 AM, PST)
- Sobering News Of 2013: The Celebrities Who Checked Into Rehab This Year (From TheFabLife - Movies. 11 December 2013, 1:42 PM, PST)
- Watch 'South Park' Spoof Kanye West (From Rolling Stone. 12 December 2013, 8:55 AM, PST)
- The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations: Film (From Dark Horizons. 12 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 13 Things That Should Have Sucked In 2013 But Didn’t (From TheFabLife - Movies. 12 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)