Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
We don't tend to mess around with "first pictures" here at the Guardian: we're made of sterner stuff. No, we wait for the trailers. But who could resist a picture of old Sherlock himself, Benedict Cumberbatch, dolled up in greasy Andy Warhol wig as everyone's favourite sticker-to-the-man, Julian Assange.
We ought to acknowledge at the outset that the movie it's publicising, The Fifth Estate, is partly based on a book by Guardian writers David Leigh and Luke Harding, WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy, as well as Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange at the World's Most Dangerous Website, by Assange's former right-hand man Daniel Domscheit-Berg.
Assange himself quickly launched an assault on the film during an address to the Oxford Union; he, of course, is still holed up inside the Ecuadorian embassy. »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Meme: Adam Lambert Open To Judging “American Idol,” Jimmy Kimmel Shows Children a Penis-Shaped Building (From The Backlot. 25 May 2013, 8:32 PM, PDT)
- On Gitmo, Obama Is Stuck Between Code Pink And Fox News (From Mediaite - TV. 24 May 2013, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- MSNBC’s Alex Wagner: Obama ‘Thinks And Thinks Deeply’ On Terror War, Why The Left Voted For Him (From Mediaite - TV. 24 May 2013, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan -- Rehab All-Star (From TMZ. 26 May 2013, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen Goes Back To His Ancestry In Machete Kills (From We Got This Covered. 25 May 2013, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- Amanda Bynes Tweets Post-Arrest: I Don’t Do Drugs (From HollywoodLife. 24 May 2013, 5:21 PM, PDT)
- Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, Stars of Extra Virgin, Fuse Tofu & Berries for Summertime Treat (From PEOPLE.com. 25 May 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence To Bradley Cooper: ‘You’re A Wet Kisser’ (From HollywoodLife. 25 May 2013, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Rewind: Billboard Music Awards Take Over (From BuzzSugar. 25 May 2013, 2:00 AM, PDT)