The company behind the nationwide pro-firearms event Gun Appreciation Day has plans for a new follow-up effort meant to target minorities: "What Would Django Do?"
Following Gun Appreciation Day -- a Jan. 19 event that called for supporters to rally for the right to bear arms -- president of the Republican consulting firm Political Media, Larry Ward, plans to launch "What Would Django Do?," a campaign targeting minorities in the gun debate, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Ward has partnered with Jonathan David Farley, principal of the "progressive" Warren Group, for the "What Would Django Do?" effort, which they hope to develop into a nonprofit charity.
“We’ll make sure we aren’t violating copyrights, and if we are, we’ll have to change the name," Ward told THR. "But Django is perfect for what we’re trying to do, which is to promote gun rights to minorities. We’ll tackle »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Best of the Week: Sundance, the First 'Fantastic Four' Trailer, Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast (From Movies.com. 30 January 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- The Definitive Movies of 1995 (From SoundOnSight. 30 January 2015, 8:01 PM, PST)
- Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Gives to Save Santa Monica’s Vidiots (From Variety - Film News. 30 January 2015, 6:52 PM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- The Real Scandal Is How Amazing Kerry Washington Has Always Looked (From Popsugar. 30 January 2015, 5:45 PM, PST)
- Win Tickets To The Advance Screening of Seventh Son in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 January 2015, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Oscar Acting Races: 5 Box Office Musings (From FilmExperience. 26 January 2015, 8:42 PM, PST)
Martin Luther King
- Box Office: ‘American Sniper’ Overtaking Super Bowl Entries for Third Straight Win (From Variety - Film News. 31 January 2015, 7:56 AM, PST)
- Kingsman, Ex Machina share social buzz lead (From ScreenDaily. 30 January 2015, 4:37 AM, PST)
- Humans of New York Raises Over $1 Million for Students to Have Experience of a Lifetime (From PEOPLE.com. 29 January 2015, 11:15 AM, PST)