The company behind the nationwide pro-firearms event Gun Appreciation Day has plans for a new follow-up effort meant to target minorities: "What Would Django Do?"
Following Gun Appreciation Day -- a Jan. 19 event that called for supporters to rally for the right to bear arms -- president of the Republican consulting firm Political Media, Larry Ward, plans to launch "What Would Django Do?," a campaign targeting minorities in the gun debate, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Ward has partnered with Jonathan David Farley, principal of the "progressive" Warren Group, for the "What Would Django Do?" effort, which they hope to develop into a nonprofit charity.
“We’ll make sure we aren’t violating copyrights, and if we are, we’ll have to change the name," Ward told THR. "But Django is perfect for what we’re trying to do, which is to promote gun rights to minorities. We’ll tackle »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Box Office: ‘Boyhood’ Producers Say Richard Linklater Finally Getting His Due (From Variety - Film News. 13 July 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- El Rey Announces More Installments of The Director's Chair and Production Start Date for From Dusk Till Dawn Season 2 (From Dread Central. 12 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Robert Rodriguez-Hosted Director’S Chair Returns With Guillermo Del Toro/Quentin Tarantino Episodes; Premiere Information (From Icons of Fright. 10 July 2014, 11:04 PM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- No 'Mockingjay' or 'Jurassic World' top Comic-Con 2014 schedule surprises (From Hitfix. 14 July 2014, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: Day 4 (July 27) Lures the Horror Crowd with Supernatural, The Strain, and The Following (From Dread Central. 13 July 2014, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- Christoph Waltz Is Tense And Nude In Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 10 July 2014, 7:32 AM, PDT)
Martin Luther King
- First Look At A New 'Star Wars Rebels' Villain (From LatinoReview. 10 July 2014, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- Olivia Munn in Talks for 'Ride Along 2' (From MovieWeb. 1 July 2014, 4:20 PM, PDT)
- Big Brother: Chris and Helen bond after emotional speech (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 July 2014, 9:43 AM, PDT)