But Danes isn't quite as enthusiastic over the attention she's gotten for her on-screen tears lately.
"I have to say, I find it very odd that it's been sort of objectified," Danes told Elle magazine. "It's just the way feelings register on my face. It's not calculated; it's not an aggressive gesture. It's been isolated from the rest of my work, like it's a tacked on thing. It's not."
Danes, who just won her second Golden Globe for her portrayal of the bipolar CIA analyst Carrie Mathison on "Homeland," filmed the majority of Season 2 while pregnant. Not wanting to compromise the story, a "belly double" was enlisted for many scenes.
"She's extremely apologetic about the timing -- which, obviously, isn't ideal -- but as we all know, »
- Leigh Weingus
Similar News Items"Homeland" (2011)
- New Gotham Episode 11,Season 1 Fifth Spoiler Clip Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 26 December 2014, 11:39 AM, PST)
- The Best TV Episodes of 2014, Part 4 (From SoundOnSight. 26 December 2014, 11:10 AM, PST)
- Gotham: New Clip From Season 1, Episode 11 "Rogues' Gallery" (From ComicBookMovie. 25 December 2014, 3:24 AM, PST)
- Homeland: Season Four Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 December 2014, 11:28 PM, PST)
- 15 hottest forums posts: Did you love or hate the 'Homeland' season finale? (From Gold Derby. 23 December 2014, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Five Keys to the Unexpected Resurgence of 'Homeland' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 23 December 2014, 8:02 AM, PST)