The Big Bang Theory has turned into a full-blown supernova. The sitcom, now in its sixth season, has been on a roll this year, posting ratings highs several weeks in a row. On Jan. 10, it crossed the threshold of 20 million viewers for the first time.
"We think it's pretty amazing," says executive producer Steve Molaro, who took over as showrunner this season from Bill Prady, co-creator of the series with Chuck Lorre. "It's an honor to have so many people watching the show." Molaro credits the sitcom's exposure in syndication — particularly on TBS, where Big Bang often tops the cable ratings charts — for boosting the CBS episodes. "Syndication has reached a lot of new people," he says. "I try not to get caught up in the numbers, but it's fun."
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/4/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 4 May 2015, 1:47 PM, PDT)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Backstrom, American Crime, Elementary, Reign, Blacklist, Grey's Anatomy (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 May 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Wedding Ringer’ DVD Review: Kevin Hart And Josh Gad Charm In This Fun Comedy (From Uinterview. 1 May 2015, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- The Muppet Show: ABC Looking to Revive the Classic Series (From Film-Book. 6 April 2015, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Here's Why 'The Muppets' Return is in Great Hands (From BuddyTV. 6 April 2015, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- This week in tv news: Marvel’s Luke Cage finds its showrunner (From SoundOnSight. 4 April 2015, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- 'Two & A Half Men' Child Star -- TV Honchos Hooked ... The Kid Stays In Our Pictures (From TMZ. 4 May 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Quotes of the Week From NCIS: La, Castle, Once Upon a Time and More (From TVLine.com. 3 May 2015, 6:49 AM, PDT)
- Ratings: Grey's Anatomy Dips With Divisive Derek Death Aftermath (From TVLine.com. 1 May 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)