The Big Bang Theory has turned into a full-blown supernova. The sitcom, now in its sixth season, has been on a roll this year, posting ratings highs several weeks in a row. On Jan. 10, it crossed the threshold of 20 million viewers for the first time.
"We think it's pretty amazing," says executive producer Steve Molaro, who took over as showrunner this season from Bill Prady, co-creator of the series with Chuck Lorre. "It's an honor to have so many people watching the show." Molaro credits the sitcom's exposure in syndication — particularly on TBS, where Big Bang often tops the cable ratings charts — for boosting the CBS episodes. "Syndication has reached a lot of new people," he says. "I try not to get caught up in the numbers, but it's fun."
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- NBC Tops in Demos, CBS Takes Total Viewers in First Week of TV Season (From Variety - TV News. 30 September 2014, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 9/30/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 September 2014, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- 2014-15 TV Show Season Ratings (week 1) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 September 2014, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About 'Big Bang Theory' Before the Season 8 Premiere! (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 September 2014, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Inside The Big Bang Theory: TV's Most Popular Sitcom (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2014, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- 12 Pieces of Appropriately Geeky Big Bang Theory Trivia (From PEOPLE.com. 17 September 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen Possibly Returning To ‘Two And A Half Men’ (From The Hollywood News. 29 September 2014, 10:25 PM, PDT)
- New Big Bang Theory Season 8,Episode 4 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CBS (From OnTheFlix. 29 September 2014, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Big Bang Theory Season 8,Episode 3 Two New Spoiler Clips Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 27 September 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)