As usual, "American Idol" wrapped the Charlotte auditions with a touching story and a beautiful voice. This time, the voice belonged to 26-year-old Seretha Guinn. She brought her beautiful 3-year-old daughter in with her to the audition. The tot was a huge fan of Nicki Minaj, though too shy to do much more than nod her agreement.
Guinn was there in secret, hoping to bring home some good news to her boyfriend. He almost died in a terrible accident. Since then, he's gone through eight surgeries and was still recovering at home. She wanted to cheer him up with the surprise of her moving on to Hollywood. To get there, she tapped into the world of sitcom theme songs.
- The Huffington Post
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah' (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 July 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Jason Derulo On Zac Efron's "Wiggle," Jordin & His Competition With Karmin! (From TooFab. 30 July 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets 'Rock the Kasbah' Cast Photo as Shooting Wraps (From MovieWeb. 30 July 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's Bel Air Mansion Sold - How Much Did They Get? (From National Ledger. 28 July 2014, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey -- Buyer Backs Out -- Anybody Want A $13M Mansion? (From TMZ. 28 July 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey -- Bel Air is for Princes, Not for Queens (From TMZ. 26 July 2014, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Ariana Grande Opens Up About Her Confidence Problem (From PEOPLE.com. 30 July 2014, 4:40 AM, PDT)
- Ariana Grande on the Cover of Seventeen (From iCelebz. 30 July 2014, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Teenager Hilariously Re-Creates Pictures of Pop Stars on Instagram and They're Surprisingly Inspiring (From E! Online. 29 July 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)