I hate being wrong. Really hate it.
The only thing I hate more than being wrong is publicly admitting I’m wrong.
And, man, when it comes to how 2012 played out at the movies matched up against what I’d predicted in my end-of-2011 box office wrap-up, I couldn’t have been more wrong.
“Want a prediction for 2012 at the movies?” I wrote. “It’s going to look a lot like 2011. An awful lot…the creative machinery is broke…The reviewers will wail, the ‘serious’ cineastes will weep.”
The upside is that sometimes you’re glad you were wrong. This is one of those times. I don’t hear much weeping, not from the reviewers, not from the serious cineastes, not from the studios, and certainly not from me.
By any relevant measure – box office, quality of releases, admissions – 2013 has been the best year for the American movie business in a long, »
- Bill Mesce
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Poll: How Do You Feel About Melissa Benoist Playing Supergirl? (From ComicBookMovie. 25 January 2015, 12:05 PM, PST)
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88 (From TVLine.com. 24 January 2015, 8:12 PM, PST)
- New Glee Season 6,Episode 5 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 24 January 2015, 9:26 AM, PST)
- Sundance Today: Brad Pitt and James Franco Walk the Red Carpet; 'Diary of a Teenage Girl' Stirs Divided Reactions (From Movies.com. 25 January 2015, 2:12 PM, PST)
- A-Listers Sizzle at the Producers Guild Awards (From Popsugar. 25 January 2015, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Brad Pitt Steals the Spotlight at the Producers Guild Awards (From Popsugar. 25 January 2015, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Judy Greer Shares What She Can About Jurassic World; Stays Mum About The Indominus Rex (From ComicBookMovie. 25 January 2015)
- Industry Heavyweights Support Auschwitz 70th Anniversary Commemoration (From Variety - TV News. 24 January 2015, 10:38 AM, PST)
- Class Disparities and Prostitution Tackled in Early Female Director's Drama (From Alt Film Guide. 23 January 2015, 5:01 PM, PST)