All hail mighty Sundance, the King of the Film Festivals (really, tell us one that's bigger, at least in America), that annual gathering where movie stars, journalists, Park City locals and even Paris Hilton join together to check out what Robert Redford considers the year's best independent films.
Sundance 2013 has been called one of the best fests in years as it features terrific new works by such renowned directors as Richard Linklater ("Before Midnight"), Shane Carruth ("Upstream Color"), David Gordon Green ("Prince Avalanche") and Joseph Gordon-Levitt ("Don Jon's Addiction") as well as some stunning premieres by first-time filmmakers ... and a lot of pretty amazing films that fall somewhere in-between.
Our sister site, Film.com, has a crack team of critics on site trying to catch as many of the 200+ films screening at this year's festival as possible. Here are the Sundance scoops so far ...
"Sound City": B-
Nirvana drummer »
- NextMovie Staff
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- What’s David Gordon Green Up to These Days? Still Hiring Mega Stars, That’s What (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 August 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- What we want to see during this year's Emmy Awards show (From Hitfix. 22 August 2014, 12:13 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Release: Child of God (From Disc Dish. 21 August 2014, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For' (From LatinoReview. 22 August 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Review: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From DailyDead. 22 August 2014, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gives ‘Sandman’ Update, Talks ‘Star Wars’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 August 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Paris Hilton Transforms Into a Mermaid, Fairy, Bride and Gladiator on Halloween (From E! Online. 1 November 2013, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Good Time’ Video: Paris Hilton Rolls Around in Gravel (From Vulture. 8 October 2013, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 66th Cannes Film Festival Review - The Bling Ring (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 19 May 2013, 3:27 AM, PDT)