A judge refused Wednesday to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history and she did not think his conduct warranted a lengthy restraining order.
Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, went to the actor's home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family. He also left a letter at the Oscar-nominated actor's home, but the judge said there was nothing threatening about it.
Fishburne's attorney, Donald Etra, said Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified Wednesday that the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.
Neither Fishburne nor Francisco attended the hearing.
The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension. »
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- Comic-Con: 'Batman v Superman' Batsuit Is on Display in San Diego (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2014, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- 'Batman v Superman': Henry Cavill Is a Super Jedi in New Photo?! (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2014, 6:28 PM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - 'Bruce Wayne' In La (From SneakPeek. 23 July 2014, 1:01 PM, PDT)
The Matrix (1999)
- Movie Hacks (From TheMovieBit. 23 July 2014, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- 'Lucy' (2014) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 23 July 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Touring the Movies that Influenced 'The Matrix' (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 July 2014, 3:17 PM, PDT)