A judge refused Wednesday to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history and she did not think his conduct warranted a lengthy restraining order.
Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, went to the actor's home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family. He also left a letter at the Oscar-nominated actor's home, but the judge said there was nothing threatening about it.
Fishburne's attorney, Donald Etra, said Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified Wednesday that the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.
Neither Fishburne nor Francisco attended the hearing.
The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension. »
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- Batman vs. Superman begins filming, rumoured image of Ben Affleck's Batman surfaces (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 7:09 AM, PDT)
- Synopsis Revealed for Eddie Izzard's Return to Hannibal in Episode 2.05 - Mukozuke (From Dread Central. 10 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Is This Ben Affleck as Batman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'? (From MovieWeb. 10 March 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
The Matrix (1999)
- 15 Movies That Transformed Cinema In 1999 (From Obsessed with Film. 12 March 2014, 5:56 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 11:56 PM, PDT)
- SXSW Review: 'Veronica Mars' Starring Kristen Bell (From The Playlist. 8 March 2014, 8:07 PM, PST)