A judge refused Wednesday to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history and she did not think his conduct warranted a lengthy restraining order.
Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, went to the actor's home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family. He also left a letter at the Oscar-nominated actor's home, but the judge said there was nothing threatening about it.
Fishburne's attorney, Donald Etra, said Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified Wednesday that the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.
Neither Fishburne nor Francisco attended the hearing.
The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension. »
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- Terry Crews has a new Marvel hero on his hit list to play (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2015, 9:15 AM, PST)
- Batman V Superman Jason Momoa Talked Possible IMAX Details & More (From OnTheFlix. 29 January 2015, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Jason Momoa talks Aquaman, says he wont be blonde (From Flickeringmyth. 29 January 2015, 1:06 AM, PST)
The Matrix (1999)
- Hrithik begins filming Ashutosh Gowarikar’s epic Mohenjo Daro (From Bollyspice. 28 January 2015, 6:41 PM, PST)
- 41 A-List Actors Who Bombed as Hard as Johnny Depp in ‘Mortdecai’ (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 7:04 AM, PST)
- A huge batch of promotional stills from Jupiter Ascending (From Flickeringmyth. 28 January 2015, 2:00 AM, PST)