A judge refused Wednesday to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history and she did not think his conduct warranted a lengthy restraining order.
Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, went to the actor's home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family. He also left a letter at the Oscar-nominated actor's home, but the judge said there was nothing threatening about it.
Fishburne's attorney, Donald Etra, said Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified Wednesday that the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.
Neither Fishburne nor Francisco attended the hearing.
The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension. »
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- Watch the Batmobile Drive Around Slowly in 13 Minutes of Video from the Set of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (From Collider.com. 19 September 2014, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- New Batman V Superman Set Clip Shows Rearview Closeup Batmobile Car Chase Action (From OnTheFlix. 18 September 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- New Batman V Superman Set Clip Shows Major Batmobile Car Chase Action (From OnTheFlix. 18 September 2014, 1:47 PM, PDT)
The Matrix (1999)
- Keanu Reeves Subdues Female Intruder in His Home Library: Report (From E! Online. 19 September 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Keanu Reeves is out to avenge his dog’s death in the first trailer for ‘John Wick’ (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 11:59 AM, PDT)
- Keanu's Back In The Slick, Action-Packed Trailer For John Wick (From Twitch. 13 September 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)