A judge refused Wednesday to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history and she did not think his conduct warranted a lengthy restraining order.
Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, went to the actor's home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family. He also left a letter at the Oscar-nominated actor's home, but the judge said there was nothing threatening about it.
Fishburne's attorney, Donald Etra, said Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified Wednesday that the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.
Neither Fishburne nor Francisco attended the hearing.
The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension. »
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- Man of Steel trailer 4 arrives online (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2013, 5:09 AM, PDT)
- Watch General Zod’s Reign Of Terror In Final Man Of Steel Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2013, 4:11 AM, PDT)
- Final 'Man of Steel' Trailer is Here (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 May 2013, 4:00 AM, PDT)
The Matrix (1999)
- Keanu Reeves' Directorial Debut Goes to RADiUS Out of Cannes (From Indiewire. 22 May 2013, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Radius-TWC Buys Keanu Reeves’ Helming Debut ‘Man of Tai Chi’ (From Deadline New York. 22 May 2013, 12:02 AM, PDT)
- DVD Release: Knife Fight (From Disc Dish. 21 May 2013, 1:46 PM, PDT)