A judge refused Wednesday to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history and she did not think his conduct warranted a lengthy restraining order.
Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, went to the actor's home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family. He also left a letter at the Oscar-nominated actor's home, but the judge said there was nothing threatening about it.
Fishburne's attorney, Donald Etra, said Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified Wednesday that the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.
Neither Fishburne nor Francisco attended the hearing.
The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension. »
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- 'Hannibal' Season 2 Gag Reel (From MovieWeb. 31 July 2014, 4:31 PM, PDT)
- Chris Terrio Returning To Write Warner Bros’ ‘Justice League’ (From The Hollywood News. 31 July 2014, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice"- Trailer Revealed (From SneakPeek. 30 July 2014, 2:42 PM, PDT)
The Matrix (1999)
- Why I'd like to be Keanu Reeves in Speed (From The Guardian - Film News. 27 July 2014, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: 'The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies' Debuts First Trailer! (From MovieWeb. 26 July 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Movie Hacks (From TheMovieBit. 23 July 2014, 12:52 PM, PDT)