This year's Sundance Film Festival marks the 20th anniversary of the Park City debut of Robert Rodriguez's breakout indie "El Mariachi." To mark the occasion, the director hosted a screening of the film that led to two sequels, "Desperado" and "Once Upon a Time In Mexico," and he also stopped by MTV News to share the story of his first Sundance and talk about a potential future for the series.
Rodriguez and the second man to play the Mariachi, Antonio Banderas, recently reteamed for the first time since 2011. The actor filmed a brief cameo in Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" spin-off sequel "Machete Kills." The two had so much fun, talk once again turned to returning to the character that made them.
"We forgot about how much fun we've had together," Rodriguez said. "We decided we have to do something. We want to do another 'El Mariachi' movie at some point. We always said we would, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- From Dusk Till Dawn The Series Blog: ‘Blood Runs Thick’ Review [Spoilers] (From The Hollywood News. 18 April 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn The Series Blog: ‘Pilot’ Review [Spoilers] (From The Hollywood News. 18 April 2014, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- Frank Miller Shares Badass Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Concept Art (From Dread Central. 17 April 2014, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Antonio Banderas Talks Terrence Malick’s Process; Says He Thinks He Made the Cut and Reveals All the Footage Edited Together Could Be a Week Long (From Collider.com. 17 April 2014, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Antonio Banderas Talks Puss In Boots 2 (From EmpireOnline. 16 April 2014, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Work On Puss In Boots 2 Is Already Underway, Says Antonio Banderas (From We Got This Covered. 16 April 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)
Machete Kills (2013)
- Set Visit: The Expendables 3 - Part Two: Witnessing the birth of action badassery (From JoBlo. 17 April 2014, 4:56 AM, PDT)
- Official storyboards from Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 16 April 2014, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Trailer Trashin’: Jon Favreau Gets Cooking in Chef (From CinemaNerdz. 14 April 2014, 9:14 PM, PDT)