This year's Sundance Film Festival marks the 20th anniversary of the Park City debut of Robert Rodriguez's breakout indie "El Mariachi." To mark the occasion, the director hosted a screening of the film that led to two sequels, "Desperado" and "Once Upon a Time In Mexico," and he also stopped by MTV News to share the story of his first Sundance and talk about a potential future for the series.
Rodriguez and the second man to play the Mariachi, Antonio Banderas, recently reteamed for the first time since 2011. The actor filmed a brief cameo in Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" spin-off sequel "Machete Kills." The two had so much fun, talk once again turned to returning to the character that made them.
"We forgot about how much fun we've had together," Rodriguez said. "We decided we have to do something. We want to do another 'El Mariachi' movie at some point. We always said we would, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- Wizard World Comic Con St. Louis May 22-24 – Great Line-Up of Movie Guests (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 19 April 2015, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- Danny Trejo Says Work Begins This Year for ‘Machete Kills Again… In Space’ (From Slash Film. 3 April 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Danny Trejo says Machete Kills in Space will begin filming this year (From JoBlo. 3 April 2015, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- ‘Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2’ Takes a Baton Beating From Critics: Read the Worst Reviews (From The Wrap. 17 April 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Antonio Banderas Declares Foray Into Fashion (and Why We're Rooting for Him) (From E! Online. 9 April 2015, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water Blu-ray release announced (From Flickeringmyth. 9 April 2015, 1:36 AM, PDT)
Machete Kills (2013)
- Danny Trejo Says 'Machete Kills Again...in Space' Will Actually Happen (From FirstShowing.net. 6 April 2015, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- Machete Kills Again… In Space Filming This Year, Says Danny Trejo (From We Got This Covered. 5 April 2015, 4:28 PM, PDT)
- Danny Trejo Confirms Machete 3 is Happening This Year (From Worst Previews. 5 April 2015, 3:16 AM, PDT)