This year's Sundance Film Festival marks the 20th anniversary of the Park City debut of Robert Rodriguez's breakout indie "El Mariachi." To mark the occasion, the director hosted a screening of the film that led to two sequels, "Desperado" and "Once Upon a Time In Mexico," and he also stopped by MTV News to share the story of his first Sundance and talk about a potential future for the series.
Rodriguez and the second man to play the Mariachi, Antonio Banderas, recently reteamed for the first time since 2011. The actor filmed a brief cameo in Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" spin-off sequel "Machete Kills." The two had so much fun, talk once again turned to returning to the character that made them.
"We forgot about how much fun we've had together," Rodriguez said. "We decided we have to do something. We want to do another 'El Mariachi' movie at some point. We always said we would, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- The End of Comic-Con: How the once mighty event lost its relevance (From Flickeringmyth. 30 July 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- New Red Band Trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From Horror Asylum. 30 July 2014)
- ‘Sin City 2' Ad Rejected by ABC Because Eva Green's Too Sexy (From The Wrap. 29 July 2014, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Antonio Banderas Who? Melanie Griffith Covers Up Tattoo With Bandage Dedicated to Herself (From E! Online. 29 July 2014, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Django Unchained’ To Get A Comic Book Sequel (From The Hollywood News. 28 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: Quentin Tarantino Confirms 'Hateful Eight' Is Moving Forward (From MovieWeb. 27 July 2014, 4:14 PM, PDT)
Machete Kills (2013)
- Tense New Images From Hitman: Agent 47 Highlight Rupert Friend, Zachary Quinto And Hannah Ware (From We Got This Covered. 30 July 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc red band trailer and new poster for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2014, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- Watch the Sdcc panel for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson and Josh Brolin (From Flickeringmyth. 27 July 2014, 3:22 AM, PDT)