This year's Sundance Film Festival marks the 20th anniversary of the Park City debut of Robert Rodriguez's breakout indie "El Mariachi." To mark the occasion, the director hosted a screening of the film that led to two sequels, "Desperado" and "Once Upon a Time In Mexico," and he also stopped by MTV News to share the story of his first Sundance and talk about a potential future for the series.
Rodriguez and the second man to play the Mariachi, Antonio Banderas, recently reteamed for the first time since 2011. The actor filmed a brief cameo in Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" spin-off sequel "Machete Kills." The two had so much fun, talk once again turned to returning to the character that made them.
"We forgot about how much fun we've had together," Rodriguez said. "We decided we have to do something. We want to do another 'El Mariachi' movie at some point. We always said we would, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- From Dusk Till Dawn: Season Three of El Rey Series Coming in September (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 July 2016, 7:18 PM, PDT)
- ‘Household Pests,’ ‘Mean Margaret’ Movies Receive Backing (From Variety - Film News. 18 July 2016, 7:52 PM, PDT)
- Slfs Interview – Benjamin Thomas: Writer and Director of The Tempter (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 14 July 2016, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- 'Embrace Of The Serpent' sweeps Platino Awards (From ScreenDaily. 25 July 2016, 3:26 AM, PDT)
- Platino Awards: Telefe, Telefonica Studios Board Ricardo Darin Starrer ‘Black Snow’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 24 July 2016, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Links: Banderas, Cho, Parsons, Jones, Holtzmann, and More (From FilmExperience. 19 July 2016, 9:42 AM, PDT)
Machete Kills (2013)
- Danny McBride shows off the cockpit in Alien: Covenant behind-the-scenes photo (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2016, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Latest Fast 8 set photo and video show Dwayne Johnson walking away from car wreck (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn Season 3 to Premiere on September 6th (From DailyDead. 20 July 2016, 9:39 AM, PDT)