This year's Sundance Film Festival marks the 20th anniversary of the Park City debut of Robert Rodriguez's breakout indie "El Mariachi." To mark the occasion, the director hosted a screening of the film that led to two sequels, "Desperado" and "Once Upon a Time In Mexico," and he also stopped by MTV News to share the story of his first Sundance and talk about a potential future for the series.
Rodriguez and the second man to play the Mariachi, Antonio Banderas, recently reteamed for the first time since 2011. The actor filmed a brief cameo in Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" spin-off sequel "Machete Kills." The two had so much fun, talk once again turned to returning to the character that made them.
"We forgot about how much fun we've had together," Rodriguez said. "We decided we have to do something. We want to do another 'El Mariachi' movie at some point. We always said we would, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- Pierce Brosnan Feels The Urge (From EmpireOnline. 29 September 2014, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow 10 years on: A ground-breaking blockbuster (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 September 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Stretch’ Trailer: Patrick Wilson’s Wild Limo Ride (From Screen Rant. 26 September 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Casting: Traue, Banderas, Winnick, Wesley (From Dark Horizons. 28 September 2014, 11:19 PM, PDT)
- 7 Celebs Who Got Regrettable Tattoos (From newser. 28 September 2014, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Antonio Banderas to star in Altamira (From ScreenDaily. 27 September 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)
Machete Kills (2013)
- Pierce Brosnan Will Make You Feel The Urge (From We Got This Covered. 29 September 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- New trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s Kingsman: The Secret Service (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2014, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Meet ‘Redeemer': Chilean Batman, Instrument of God’s Wrath (From FilmSchoolRejects. 19 September 2014, 5:00 PM, PDT)