This year's Sundance Film Festival marks the 20th anniversary of the Park City debut of Robert Rodriguez's breakout indie "El Mariachi." To mark the occasion, the director hosted a screening of the film that led to two sequels, "Desperado" and "Once Upon a Time In Mexico," and he also stopped by MTV News to share the story of his first Sundance and talk about a potential future for the series.
Rodriguez and the second man to play the Mariachi, Antonio Banderas, recently reteamed for the first time since 2011. The actor filmed a brief cameo in Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" spin-off sequel "Machete Kills." The two had so much fun, talk once again turned to returning to the character that made them.
"We forgot about how much fun we've had together," Rodriguez said. "We decided we have to do something. We want to do another 'El Mariachi' movie at some point. We always said we would, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- The Top Ten Most Stressed-Out Characters in Movie History (From The Hollywood Interview. 19 May 2015, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Robert Rodriguez and Robert Zemeckis Talk Failure in 'The Director's Chair' (From Indiewire. 19 May 2015, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- More Horror Poster Reenactments from the Evil Twins (From Horror Asylum. 15 May 2015)
- ‘Nosotros Los Nobles’ Colombian Remake (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 5:27 AM, PDT)
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: May 18 - May 24 (From Moviefone. 18 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Williams closes classic Almodovar deals (From ScreenDaily. 17 May 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
Machete Kills (2013)
- First look at Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight on new EW cover (From Flickeringmyth. 7 May 2015, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Danny Trejo Says 'Machete Kills Again...in Space' Will Actually Happen (From FirstShowing.net. 6 April 2015, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- Machete Kills Again… In Space Filming This Year, Says Danny Trejo (From We Got This Covered. 5 April 2015, 4:28 PM, PDT)