I've always thought the point of Nigella Lawson is that she doesn't have one. As England's younger, sexier version of the Barefoot Contessa, she's a spherical series of soft curves, murmuring an endless litany of "mmms" to camera as she sips and dips around the kitchen. She's made a fortune from being the voice of comfort as a domestic goddess on cable cooking shows.
So it's a little surprising to see her take her place behind a judging table under bright network lighting in The Taste, ABC's new "food show like no other" – in other words, a culinary version of NBC's smash talent show The Voice.
"It's all about the taste, and nothing but the taste," Nigella announced in her signature perky style as the show began. This marked another departure for a »
- Emma G Keller
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Meet Cnco, Our Latest Boy-Band Crush (From E! Online. 28 September 2016, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Ouch! Simon Cowell Punches ‘X Factor’ Singer In The Face (From ET Canada. 27 September 2016, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- The Commitments at 25: Robert Arkins, Ken McCluskey & Dave Finnegan interview (From The Hollywood News. 25 September 2016, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- All Time Greatest Movies About Money (From AreYouScreening. 29 September 2016, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- 10 TV Shows That Outstayed Their Welcome (From Rolling Stone. 29 September 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Team Pitt and Team Jolie: Who Are the Lawyers Heading Up Brad and Angelina's Divorce? (From PEOPLE.com. 23 September 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
Donald Trump (I)
- Louis C.K., ‘Americans’ Stars Get Silly But John Landgraf Gets Serious at Center for Communications Tribute (From Variety - TV News. 29 September 2016, 2:47 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Trek’ Actors, Producers Start Anti-Donald Trump Group (From The Wrap. 29 September 2016, 2:34 PM, PDT)
- Donald Trump's Alicia Machado Problem: Experts Say He Fell into the Trap Hillary Clinton Laid for Him at Debate (From PEOPLE.com. 29 September 2016, 2:25 PM, PDT)