Chicago – The long career of Jamie Lee Curtis has taken her from early “scream queen” status to pitching yogurt. But what is lesser known about the popular actress is that she is a child’s book author of note. “My Brave Year of Firsts” is her tenth collaboration with illustrator Laura Cornell, and she was at Anderson’s Bookshop (Naperville, Ill) last autumn to read excerpts and autograph the book.
“My Brave Year of Firsts” lovingly portrays a child heroine named Frankie, who is trying out so many things for the very first time. This book joins the other Curtis/Cornell titles, including “Tell Me Again About the Night I was Born,” “Is There a Human Race?,” and “Today I Feel Silly, and Other Moods That Make My Day.” Jamie Lee Curtis has been married to comic actor Christopher Guest since 1984, and has two children.
Photographer Joe Arce captured this »
- email@example.com (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsJamie Lee Curtis
- Have a horror movie marathon with Cineplex's Best Horror Movie Cult Classics! (From Cineplex. 25 October 2016, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Michael Meyer is Back! Halloween II Midnights This Weekend at The Moolah (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 23 October 2016, 7:28 PM, PDT)
- Why Halloween III: Season Of The Witch deserves another look (From Den of Geek. 21 October 2016, 11:17 PM, PDT)
Christopher Guest (I)
- iPic’s Big Gamble: How a High-End Theater Chain Hopes to Change the Way We Go to the Movies (From Indiewire. 24 October 2016, 8:57 AM, PDT)
- Review: "Looking For Richard" (1996) Starring Al Pacino; UK DVD Release From Odyssey (From CinemaRetro. 23 October 2016, 4:41 AM, PDT)
- Miranda Sings Makes Her Netflix (Not Broadway) Debut in ‘Haters Back Off’ (From Indiewire. 22 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Patrick McDonald (II)
- Preview: Second-Week Films at 52nd Chicago International Film Festival (From HollywoodChicago.com. 21 October 2016, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Jennifer Zhang for ‘A-Squared’ Asian American Performing Arts Festival From Oct. 20-23, 2016 (From HollywoodChicago.com. 21 October 2016, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Director Icon Peter Bogdanovich Honored at 52nd Chicago International Film Festival (From HollywoodChicago.com. 18 October 2016, 12:28 PM, PDT)