Chicago – The long career of Jamie Lee Curtis has taken her from early “scream queen” status to pitching yogurt. But what is lesser known about the popular actress is that she is a child’s book author of note. “My Brave Year of Firsts” is her tenth collaboration with illustrator Laura Cornell, and she was at Anderson’s Bookshop (Naperville, Ill) last autumn to read excerpts and autograph the book.
“My Brave Year of Firsts” lovingly portrays a child heroine named Frankie, who is trying out so many things for the very first time. This book joins the other Curtis/Cornell titles, including “Tell Me Again About the Night I was Born,” “Is There a Human Race?,” and “Today I Feel Silly, and Other Moods That Make My Day.” Jamie Lee Curtis has been married to comic actor Christopher Guest since 1984, and has two children.
Photographer Joe Arce captured this »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsJamie Lee Curtis
- First look images from Scream Queens (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2015, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review: Escape From New York (From DailyDead. 24 April 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- First Photos: Jamie Lee Curtis & Ryan Murphy’s Scream Queens (From shocktillyoudrop. 23 April 2015, 3:24 PM, PDT)
Christopher Guest (I)
- Watch Christopher Guest Explain How He Used Funny Noises to Get Other Kids In Trouble (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 April 2015, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- From Actor to "Action!", Exploring the Debuts of 19 Actors-Turned-Directors (From Rope Of Silicon. 21 April 2015, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Sullivan's Travels' (Criterion Collection) Blu-ray Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 20 April 2015, 1:53 PM, PDT)
Patrick McDonald (II)
- Interview: Nick Kroll Starts it Up in ‘Adult Beginners’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 23 April 2015, 9:15 PM, PDT)
- Interview: 2015 Chicago Latino Film Festival Welcomes Filmmakers for ‘Day Release’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 23 April 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Portrait: Russell Crowe in Chicago for ‘The Water Diviner’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 23 April 2015, 1:23 PM, PDT)