Pour yourself an Old Fashioned: Don Draper is back. AMC is set to announce this morning that Mad Men will return for its sixth season on Sunday, April 7 at 9/8c with a two-hour season premiere. The show will then move to its regular time, 10/9c, the following week.
Creator Matthew Weiner confirms to TV Guide Magazine that the show (last seen in 1967) will make another jump in time, putting Mad Men straight in the middle of the tumultuous late 1960s. The time jump "at this point has been such a great story engine for the show," he says. "I love writing that first episode as if the audience knows everything that has happened, and watching them piece it in their head. It's an elliptical experience."
Winter TV: Get the scoop on your favorite returning shows
Weiner also reiterates the promise...
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- How a 'Mad Men' Live Read Captured Matthew Weiner's Writing Style and The Show's Transitory Bliss (From Indiewire. 24 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- How a 'Mad Men' Live Read Captured Matthew Weiner's Writing Style and The Show's Transitory Bliss (From Indiewire Television. 24 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- BuzzFeed Reporter Sexual Harassment Claims: ‘Mad Men’ Actor’s Rep Disputes; Lawyer Dissects (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 23 May 2015, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mad Men’ Series Finale Hits Viewership & 25-54 Highs In Live+3 Results (From Deadline TV. 22 May 2015, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men' Creator Matthew Weiner On the Finale's Secrets and Why He Thinks Binge-Viewing is Bad News (From Indiewire. 22 May 2015, 8:44 AM, PDT)