Pour yourself an Old Fashioned: Don Draper is back. AMC is set to announce this morning that Mad Men will return for its sixth season on Sunday, April 7 at 9/8c with a two-hour season premiere. The show will then move to its regular time, 10/9c, the following week.
Creator Matthew Weiner confirms to TV Guide Magazine that the show (last seen in 1967) will make another jump in time, putting Mad Men straight in the middle of the tumultuous late 1960s. The time jump "at this point has been such a great story engine for the show," he says. "I love writing that first episode as if the audience knows everything that has happened, and watching them piece it in their head. It's an elliptical experience."
Winter TV: Get the scoop on your favorite returning shows
Weiner also reiterates the promise...
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- Sally's Headed For a 'Downward Spiral' In 'Mad Men's' Final Season (From Huffington Post. 19 June 2013, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- First trailer and poster for The Lego Movie (From Flickeringmyth. 19 June 2013, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- Linda Cardellini Says She's Marrying Her Childhood Crush (From PEOPLE.com. 19 June 2013, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men' Star: 'I Thought I Was Going To Play A Dad On ABC Family' (From Huffington Post. 18 June 2013, 3:04 PM, PDT)
- "Mad Men: In Care Of" - June 23, 2013 (From SneakPeek. 18 June 2013, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men' Season 6: 'No one's going to die' says Matt Weiner, and that's a good thing (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 17 June 2013, 2:20 PM, PDT)