Pour yourself an Old Fashioned: Don Draper is back. AMC is set to announce this morning that Mad Men will return for its sixth season on Sunday, April 7 at 9/8c with a two-hour season premiere. The show will then move to its regular time, 10/9c, the following week.
Creator Matthew Weiner confirms to TV Guide Magazine that the show (last seen in 1967) will make another jump in time, putting Mad Men straight in the middle of the tumultuous late 1960s. The time jump "at this point has been such a great story engine for the show," he says. "I love writing that first episode as if the audience knows everything that has happened, and watching them piece it in their head. It's an elliptical experience."
Winter TV: Get the scoop on your favorite returning shows
Weiner also reiterates the promise...
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- Watch Nick Jonas, Jon Hamm and More Give Justin Bieber's 'Sorry' a Hilarious Dramatic Reading (From PEOPLE.com. 10 February 2016, 10:45 PM, PST)
- ‘Revenge’ Alum Gabriel Mann Joins Showtime’s ‘Ray Donovan’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 10 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Hap and Leonard Poster: James Purefoy Guns for Trouble in Sundance Series Co-Starring Christina Hendricks (From TVLine.com. 10 February 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)
Matthew Weiner (I)
- Alejandro G. Inarritu wins DGA Award for The Revenant, full list of winners here (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 10:56 AM, PST)
- Matt Zoller Seitz on 4 Classic Films That Inspired Mad Men (From Vulture. 4 February 2016, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Inside The Thaw, Russia’s Version of Mad Men (From Vulture. 29 January 2016, 7:24 AM, PST)