Pour yourself an Old Fashioned: Don Draper is back. AMC is set to announce this morning that Mad Men will return for its sixth season on Sunday, April 7 at 9/8c with a two-hour season premiere. The show will then move to its regular time, 10/9c, the following week.
Creator Matthew Weiner confirms to TV Guide Magazine that the show (last seen in 1967) will make another jump in time, putting Mad Men straight in the middle of the tumultuous late 1960s. The time jump "at this point has been such a great story engine for the show," he says. "I love writing that first episode as if the audience knows everything that has happened, and watching them piece it in their head. It's an elliptical experience."
Winter TV: Get the scoop on your favorite returning shows
Weiner also reiterates the promise...
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- This week in tv news: AMC’s ‘Preacher’ adaptation casts its lead (From SoundOnSight. 18 April 2015, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- 5 Actors Who Were Almost on Mad Men (From BuzzSugar. 18 April 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More (From TVLine.com. 17 April 2015, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- John Slattery Talks Mad Men Season 7, Ant-man, and Netflix’s Wet Hot American Summer Show (From Collider.com. 18 April 2015, 8:47 AM, PDT)
- Best of the Week: 'Force Awakens,' Cannes, Kristen Stewart and More (From Thompson on Hollywood. 18 April 2015, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Mad Men Season 7 Episode 9 Review – ‘New Business’ (From Flickeringmyth. 18 April 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)