Tuesday's late night talk shows saw a lot of chatter about Beyonce's alleged lip-syncing of the national anthem during President Obama's inauguration. Both Jennifer Lopez and LeAnn Rimes weighed in on the discussion, and both of them sided with Beyonce, citing various reasons why lip-syncing is sometimes the right thing to do.
"There are times when people will ask you to do it and they will not let you do it unless you do it because they want control of what happens," Rimes said on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
Lopez cited a different reason pre-recorded audio is sometimes used during her appearance on "The Daily Show." "In certain venues they do pre-record things because you’re gonna have that terrible slapback."
Both women said that lip-syncing is simply something that all singers have to do at one point or another. But did Beyonce? While the singer has yet to comment on the controversy, »
- Jason Hughes
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Film Review: ‘Affluenza’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 July 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Jackson: Good to Help Immigrants, But Obama Can’t ‘Abandon Urban America’ (From Mediaite - TV. 11 July 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- LeBron James Is 'Going Home' to Cleveland: Hollywood, White House Reacts (From The Hollywood Reporter. 11 July 2014, 12:06 PM, PDT)
Jennifer Lopez (I)
- Style 180! Jennifer Lopez Looks Like the Mother of the Bride in This Super Mature Look—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 11 July 2014, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- June’s (Not) Pajama Chic, French’s Sloppy In Sandals + More Of This Week’s Worst-Dressed Stars (From VH1.com. 11 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez Just Scored the World's Coolest Selfie (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Tomorrow Vet Boards ABC Drama, Getting On Guests & More (From TVLine.com. 11 July 2014, 10:46 AM, PDT)
- Beyoncé & Jay Z's On the Run Cocktail—Get the Recipe Now! (From E! Online. 11 July 2014, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Speed Read: Ryan Gosling Is Excited About Fatherhood (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 5:38 AM, PDT)