The revelations that Beyoncé lip synced her performance of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at President Obama's inauguration on Monday left us all shocked, but let's be honest, she's hardly the first popstar to rely on the use of a backing track.
With her performances on 'The X Factor' and 'The Voice', Cheryl Cole has been a repeat offender, and who could forget when her backing track failed on 'Stand Up To Cancer' last year, exposing her as a mimer?
But the difference between them and Beyoncé is that we know the Destiny's Child singer can actually sing live, which makes her decision to lip sync at Obama's swearing in particularly odd. She's not even got the excuse of having »
- The Huffington Post UK
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Update: A&E Grapples With Death Threats And Clan Ultimatum On ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Suspension (From Deadline TV. 20 December 2013, 3:45 PM, PST)
- Kanye West Addresses Anti-Semitic Claims, Says His "Jews Having Money" Comment Was an "Ignorant Compliment" (From E! Online. 20 December 2013, 3:08 PM, PST)
- Here’s That Steve Harvey Interview You Missed During President Obama’s Press Conference (From Mediaite - TV. 20 December 2013, 2:23 PM, PST)
- Naughty or Nice - Stars Celebrate Christmas Weekend! (From Popsugar. 21 December 2013, 4:18 PM, PST)
- Britney Spears: I Think About Retiring (From E! Online. 21 December 2013, 10:53 AM, PST)
- What to Watch This Weekend: Jimmy and J.T. Do SNL, Julie's Sound of Music, Gandolfini and More (From TVLine.com. 21 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Strictly Come Dancing 2013 win for Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec (From The Guardian - TV News. 21 December 2013, 4:11 PM, PST)
- Demi Lovato & Miley Cyrus’ Bff Feud On Twitter After Diss Video (From HollywoodLife. 21 December 2013, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Nicole Scherzinger plans fashion range (From RealBollywood. 21 December 2013, 12:16 PM, PST)