Feature Ryan Lambie Jan 23, 2013
In this occasional series of 'remarkable things' articles, we've mostly focused exclusively on movies that were critical or financial flops. Previous entries have included Jaws: The Revenge, Battlefield Earth and RoboCop 3, which all suffered in both critics' reviews and at the box office.
This time, our choice isn't a notorious flop at all - it's Tango & Cash, a film which actually made a few million dollars more than it cost to make. At this stage in Sylvester Stallone's career, which featured the critical and financial nightmares Rocky V, Oscar and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Tango & Cash was a comparative blockbuster.
In terms of critical reception, though, Tango & Cash fared less well. It was nominated for three Razzies (though won precisely none) and reviews »
Similar News ItemsSylvester Stallone
- How Lucy Ricardo Gave Birth to ‘Mission: Impossible’ (From Variety - Film News. 31 July 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Michael Mann, George Miller, Sylvester Stallone to Appear on El Rey’s ‘The Director’s Chair’ (From The Wrap. 30 July 2015, 2:37 PM, PDT)
- 10 Film And TV Characters That Racked Up Massive Body Counts (From Obsessed with Film. 29 July 2015, 5:32 AM, PDT)
Blade Runner (1982)
- Wamg Giveaway – Win the Ex MacHina DVD and Limited Edition Poster (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 July 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Fantasia Review: Well-Crafted, Entertaining Throwback Sci-Fi Noir 'Synchronicity' (From The Playlist. 30 July 2015, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Southpaw' and 'Paper Towns', Talking Rubes, Adam Sandler & More (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 July 2015, 9:16 AM, PDT)
Kurt Russell (I)
- Why Is Kurt Russell's Face Covered With Cuts and Bruises?! Get the Scoop (From E! Online. 31 July 2015, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Kurt Russell, Refn and An Impressive First Wave of Programming Coming to This Year’s Fantastic Fest!! (From Icons of Fright. 30 July 2015, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk' gets a world premiere at Fantastic Fest (From Hitfix. 30 July 2015, 12:49 PM, PDT)