Feature Ryan Lambie Jan 23, 2013
In this occasional series of 'remarkable things' articles, we've mostly focused exclusively on movies that were critical or financial flops. Previous entries have included Jaws: The Revenge, Battlefield Earth and RoboCop 3, which all suffered in both critics' reviews and at the box office.
This time, our choice isn't a notorious flop at all - it's Tango & Cash, a film which actually made a few million dollars more than it cost to make. At this stage in Sylvester Stallone's career, which featured the critical and financial nightmares Rocky V, Oscar and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Tango & Cash was a comparative blockbuster.
In terms of critical reception, though, Tango & Cash fared less well. It was nominated for three Razzies (though won precisely none) and reviews »
Similar News ItemsSylvester Stallone
- Five Ways 'Equalizer' Star Denzel Washington Beats Out His Fellow Action Stars (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 September 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- New Equalizer Movie Received Mixed Reviews From Major Movie Critics (From OnTheFlix. 27 September 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- "The Walking Dead": Enter Lauren Cohan (From SneakPeek. 26 September 2014, 12:20 PM, PDT)
Blade Runner (1982)
- Lili Simmons, David Arquette board ultraviolent Western 'Bone Tomahawk' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 29 September 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest 2014: Automata Channels Technological Anxieties [Review} (From QuietEarth. 29 September 2014, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- Lili Simmons And David Arquette Join Cannibal Western Bone Tomahawk (From We Got This Covered. 29 September 2014, 1:36 PM, PDT)
Brian De Palma
- Alex Winter interview: Grand Piano, Bill & Ted, Deep Web (From Den of Geek. 29 September 2014, 12:31 AM, PDT)
- Grant Montgomery interview: Peaky Blinders series 2 (From Den of Geek. 26 September 2014, 1:16 AM, PDT)
- ‘True Detective’ Casting of Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Draws Early Grumbling From Fans (From The Wrap. 23 September 2014, 5:19 PM, PDT)