Feature Ryan Lambie Jan 23, 2013
In this occasional series of 'remarkable things' articles, we've mostly focused exclusively on movies that were critical or financial flops. Previous entries have included Jaws: The Revenge, Battlefield Earth and RoboCop 3, which all suffered in both critics' reviews and at the box office.
This time, our choice isn't a notorious flop at all - it's Tango & Cash, a film which actually made a few million dollars more than it cost to make. At this stage in Sylvester Stallone's career, which featured the critical and financial nightmares Rocky V, Oscar and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Tango & Cash was a comparative blockbuster.
In terms of critical reception, though, Tango & Cash fared less well. It was nominated for three Razzies (though won precisely none) and reviews »
Similar News ItemsSylvester Stallone
- 'Rocky The Musical' makes Broadway debut (From RealBollywood. 14 March 2014, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- Rocky on Broadway Connects For a Blockbuster Opening (15 photos!) (From TheImproper.com. 14 March 2014, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- Sylvester Stallone Steps Out With His Three Gorgeous Daughters! (From TooFab. 14 March 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)
Blade Runner (1982)
- 8 movie classics that were box office flops: From Blade Runner to Brazil (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 15 March 2014, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars cast: Ford, Fisher, Hamill before they were famous (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 14 March 2014, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Pistorius Trial Update: Photos Of Blood-Covered Pistorius Shown In Court; Investigator Bolsters Defense's Case (From Uinterview. 13 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
Brian De Palma
- Review: Denis Villeneuve's Terrifically Haunting 'Enemy' Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (From The Playlist. 13 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Book Review: 'Stephen King Films Faq' by Scott Von Doviak (From FEARnet. 13 March 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Fearnet Movie Review: 'Stage Fright' [SXSW 2014] (From FEARnet. 11 March 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)