Feature Ryan Lambie Jan 23, 2013
In this occasional series of 'remarkable things' articles, we've mostly focused exclusively on movies that were critical or financial flops. Previous entries have included Jaws: The Revenge, Battlefield Earth and RoboCop 3, which all suffered in both critics' reviews and at the box office.
This time, our choice isn't a notorious flop at all - it's Tango & Cash, a film which actually made a few million dollars more than it cost to make. At this stage in Sylvester Stallone's career, which featured the critical and financial nightmares Rocky V, Oscar and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Tango & Cash was a comparative blockbuster.
In terms of critical reception, though, Tango & Cash fared less well. It was nominated for three Razzies (though won precisely none) and reviews »
Similar News ItemsSylvester Stallone
- Oscar-Nominated Filmmaker Molinaro Has Died (From Alt Film Guide. 8 December 2013, 1:28 AM, PST)
- 'Raconteur' Sylvester Stallone to discuss life and career with fans (From RealBollywood. 6 December 2013, 10:56 PM, PST)
- Homefront Review (From TheMovieBit. 6 December 2013, 8:34 PM, PST)
Blade Runner (1982)
- The Last Sci-fi Blog: 'Her' Stands Toe-to-Toe with 'Blade Runner,' 'Minority Report' and Other Sci-fi Classics (From Movies.com. 6 December 2013, 6:00 PM, PST)
- Hawkeye #6 is a Wonderful Slice of Life Comic (From SoundOnSight. 6 December 2013, 2:36 PM, PST)
- Digital Spy Christmas Gift Guide: Movies - Batman, Man of Steel, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
Brian De Palma
- "Passion" Elicits Unfortunate Indifference (From JustPressPlay. 6 December 2013, 12:53 AM, PST)
- ‘Narco Cultura’ a shocking, damning drug-cartel documentary (From SoundOnSight. 5 December 2013, 9:05 PM, PST)
- All The Info You Need To Get Carrie On Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Download (From ScifiMafia. 5 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)