Godzilla is now really getting underway. Although we’re yet to have a star attached to the project, what we do have is Frank Darabont as a writer. A man that has given us such wonderous monster films such as The Mist and The Blob remake. Speaking to io9, Darabont promised to take Godzilla away from the camp and return him to being a terrifying force of nature.
Godzilla has its origins as an allegory for the atom bomb, but today it’s more of a straightforward monster movie. Do you want to restore some of that allegorical significance to the franchise?
Frank Darabont: What I found very interesting about Godzilla is that he started off definitely as a metaphor for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And some of the atom bomb testing we were doing in the South Pacific in the subsequent years. The giant terrifying force of nature that »
- Luke Ryan Baldock
Similar News ItemsPacific Rim (2013)
- Comic-Con: Legendary’s “Crimson Peak” Exhibit (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 31 July 2014, 3:47 PM, PDT)
- Guillermo Del Toro previews 'Crimson Peak' and calls Legendary 'a filmmaker's home' (From Hitfix. 31 July 2014, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Geek Deal: Pacific Rim Collector’s Edition For 55% Off (From Slash Film. 30 July 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
Gareth Edwards (V)
- ‘Warcraft’ Comic-Con Trailer Impressions (From Screen Rant. 30 July 2014, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- ‘Crimson Peak’ Comic-Con Trailer Impressions (From Screen Rant. 30 July 2014, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 8′ Director Rian Johnson Teases His Franchise Plans (From Screen Rant. 29 July 2014, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Chris Hemsworth to Lead 'The Huntsman' Prequel for April 2016 (From FirstShowing.net. 31 July 2014, 11:11 PM, PDT)
- Dates confirmed for The Mummy and Huntsman spin-off (From Den of Geek. 31 July 2014, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Shawshank and Green Mile Filmmaker to Direct - and Write? - Swath Prequel (From Alt Film Guide. 31 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)