Godzilla is now really getting underway. Although we’re yet to have a star attached to the project, what we do have is Frank Darabont as a writer. A man that has given us such wonderous monster films such as The Mist and The Blob remake. Speaking to io9, Darabont promised to take Godzilla away from the camp and return him to being a terrifying force of nature.
Godzilla has its origins as an allegory for the atom bomb, but today it’s more of a straightforward monster movie. Do you want to restore some of that allegorical significance to the franchise?
Frank Darabont: What I found very interesting about Godzilla is that he started off definitely as a metaphor for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And some of the atom bomb testing we were doing in the South Pacific in the subsequent years. The giant terrifying force of nature that »
- Luke Ryan Baldock
Similar News ItemsPacific Rim (2013)
- King Kong or Star Wars: Which is the Father of the Modern Sci-Fi Blockbuster? (From Cinelinx. 30 May 2015, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Beyblade Movie On The Way From Transformers Studio (From We Got This Covered. 28 May 2015, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- The Most Disappointing: Our Insatiable Appetite for More (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2015, 12:52 PM, PDT)
Gareth Edwards (V)
- Star Wars Anthology Film May Hire Iron Man Or Kingsman Directors (From Cinema Blend. 2 June 2015, 5:52 PM, PDT)
- Rumor: Jon Favreau & Matthew Vaughn Circling 2018 'Star Wars' Anthology Film Which May Also Feature Han Solo & Chewbacca (From The Playlist. 2 June 2015, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- Everything we know so far about Star Wars Rogue One: The cast, plot and latest spoilers (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 May 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Editor Killed by Lion in South Africa (From Variety - TV News. 3 June 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Editor Mauled to Death by Lion in South Africa (From The Wrap. 3 June 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- New on Blu-ray & DVD: Spring! Jupiter Ascending & More! (From QuietEarth. 2 June 2015, 12:35 PM, PDT)