Now for some bittersweet news: It looks like David Fincher will be directing another girl instead of Rooney Mara in his next project. The talented director is in talks to direct Gone Girl, based on a novel by New York Times’ Best Seller Gillian Flynn.
Before we get into why this is a conflicting piece of information, let’s hand you the details about said film. Gone Girl tells the story of a woman who disappears on her fifth wedding anniversary, but not before her husband opens a bar using her trust fund money. When Amy disappears, her husband is called into question. Did he have anything to do with her going away? Is she dead?
Flynn is writing the script, and Reese Witherspoon is producing along with Bruna Papandrea and Leslie Dixon. It might be very possible that Witherspoon is producing the project to use it as an acting vehicle for herself, »
- Laura Frances
Similar News ItemsDavid Fincher
- Nyff: 'Steve Jobs' Star Michael Fassbender, Director Danny Boyle Weren't Bothered by Pre-Production Drama (From The Hollywood Reporter. 4 October 2015, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Steve Jobs review: Michael Fassbender is savagely compelling (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 October 2015, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder May Make a 'Watchmen' TV Series for HBO (From Moviefone. 2 October 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Paramount acquires Alexander Payne’s new film Downsizing (From Flickeringmyth. 3 October 2015, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- Alexander Payne's Downsizing Set Up At Paramount (From EmpireOnline. 3 October 2015, 11:29 AM, PDT)
- Paramount Nabs Alexander Payne's "Downsizing" (From Dark Horizons. 3 October 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Pallavi Sharda signed for yet another English film (From BollywoodHungama. 3 October 2015, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Sounds Like Pan Will Be This Fall’s First Big Budget Box Office Flop (From We Got This Covered. 2 October 2015, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- New international trailer for Pan (From Flickeringmyth. 2 October 2015, 3:30 AM, PDT)