It's typical, you wait years for a White House hostage thriller, and then two come along at once. Before Channing Tatum (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) gets a chance to protect Jamie Foxx's (Django Unchained) Potus in Roland Emmerich's White House Down, Gerard Butler (Machine Gun Preacher) will perform said duties for Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight) in Training Day director Antoine Fuqua's latest action thriller Olympus Has Fallen, which has just received its first poster and trailer today.
"When the White House (Secret Service Code: “Olympus”) is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As our national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Banning’s inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President, and avert an even bigger disaster."
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Emilia Clarke and Brie Larsen front runners for Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 5:09 AM, PST)
- Ben Foster, Travis Fimmel, Toby Kebbell & More Sign On for Duncan Jones’ Warcraft (From HeyUGuys. 5 December 2013, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Legendary Pictures Announces Warcraft Cast (From Cinelinx. 4 December 2013, 3:05 PM, PST)
- Cute Basketball Prodigy, 2, Challenges Bradley Cooper & Channing Tatum (From HollywoodLife. 6 December 2013, 2:04 PM, PST)
- Channing and Bradley Cooper Get Schooled by a 2-Year-Old (From Popsugar. 6 December 2013, 11:40 AM, PST)
- ‘G.I. Joe 3′ Writer Evan Daugherty Talks About Threequel Expectation (From The Hollywood News. 5 December 2013, 5:25 PM, PST)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk and more (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 6:32 AM, PST)
- Fire vs. Water at the Domestic Box Office (From Alt Film Guide. 7 December 2013, 12:17 AM, PST)
- Christian Bale gets 'Good Morning America' flashback in 26-year-old clip (From Pop2it. 6 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)