David Fincher is one of those directors who, when he announces a new film, you’re supposed to make a big deal out of it. Almost every single one of his projects has turned out to be absolutely excellent and considering the last thing he gave us was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo back in 2011, moviegoers are fixing for another film from the celebrated director.
Today, we have news on his next project. Fincher is in talks with 20th Century Fox to hop on board Gone Girl, an adaptation of the Gillian Flynn novel which was acquired in a 7 figure deal by the studio. Revolving around a “woman who disappears on the day of her fifth anniversary and all roads point to her husband as the killer,” the dark material sounds like it’s right up Fincher’s alley.
In terms of casting, we don’t have anything concrete »
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsDavid Fincher
- Venice wanted Gone Girl, Inherent Vice (From ScreenDaily. 25 July 2014, 2:58 AM, PDT)
- Bradley Cooper, Uma Thurman, Sienna Miller, Daniel Brühl, Jamie Dornan and More Begin Production on 'Adam Jones' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 July 2014, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Author Gillian Flynn discusses the 'disassembling' of her 'Gone Girl' (From Hitfix. 24 July 2014, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Celebrity Street Style -- How to Get This Week's Hottest Looks! (From TooFab. 25 July 2014, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Bikinis and Puppies Take Over This Week's Cutest Celebrity Candids (From Popsugar. 24 July 2014, 1:39 AM, PDT)
- Toronto International Film Festival Lineup Announced: 5 Movies We Can't Wait To See! (From E! Online. 22 July 2014, 7:21 PM, PDT)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
- 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' Director to Remake Bollywood Hit (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 July 2014, 4:44 AM, PDT)
- Sony Makes First-Look Deal with Elizabeth Cantillon, Veteran of Bond Films (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2014, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Columbia exec segues into producer deal (From ScreenDaily. 23 July 2014, 1:16 PM, PDT)