With the recent Blu-ray release of Lightning Bug from Image Entertainment, I had a chance to talk with star Ashley Laurence and director Robert Hall. You may know Robert Hall from his effects work or Laid to Rest movies, but his first directorial effort was Lightning Bug in 2004 and it’s not what most people would have expected from him. During our interview time, I talked to him about going with a drama over an effects-heavy movie, revisiting the movie after all these years, and what projects he’s planning to direct in the future.
I know that Lightning Bug is a personal story for you and based on some of your past experiences. Can you tell me a bit about your time growing up in Alabama and how the story eventually evolved into Lightning Bug?
Robert Hall: I moved there when I was nine and I felt like a fish out of water. »
- Jonathan James
Similar News ItemsGeorge Lucas (I)
- Prepare for The Force Awakens Trailer with the First Trailers for All 6 Star Wars Films (From Collider.com. 27 November 2014, 6:33 AM, PST)
- Will the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' teaser live up to the franchise's previous trailers? (From Hitfix. 26 November 2014, 4:39 PM, PST)
- ‘Thimbleweed Park’: LucasArts crew reunites for new game (From SoundOnSight. 26 November 2014, 3:02 PM, PST)
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)
- The Atticus Institute – The Only Case of Real Demonic Possession (From Horror News. 26 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- The Atticus Institute Blu-ray / DVD Release Details (From DailyDead. 26 November 2014, 8:59 AM, PST)
- Anchor Bays Brings Demonic Possession Film The Atticus Institute To DVD/Bluray This January!! (From Icons of Fright. 25 November 2014, 2:18 PM, PST)
- The Culling Debuts in the United Kingdom: First Trailer (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 18 November 2014, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Exclusive The Prince Clip: Bruce Willis Can’t Let It Go (From Collider.com. 11 August 2014, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Sunday Shorts: ‘Heroes’, starring Djimon Hounsou (From SoundOnSight. 3 August 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)