David Fincher is in early talks to direct the adaptation Gone Girl for 20th Century Fox and producer Reese Witherspoon. We reported back in July that the studio acquired the rights to Gillian Flynn's novel.
The story centers on a woman who disappears without a trace on her fifth wedding anniversary, with her husband being sought as the prime suspect in the missing persons case. It isn't known if Reese Witherspoon will also star as the wife, or if she will only serve as a producer. Fox paid seven figures to acquire the novel, beating out Universal Pictures in a bidding war.
Leslie Dixon. No screenwriter has been hired for the adaptation as of yet.
David Fincher is still attached to direct 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for Disney. Sources indicate that the filmmaker may still direct 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea next, »
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Finale Adds ‘Ballers’ Actress Arielle Kebbel as Christian Grey’s Architect (From The Wrap. 8 February 2016, 11:17 AM, PST)
- Imagine Confirms Raine Group Investment (From Variety - Film News. 8 February 2016, 7:26 AM, PST)
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Nabs the Number One Spot Worldwide for a Second Weekend in a Row (From LatinoReview. 8 February 2016, 5:44 AM, PST)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wanted for Cruel Intentions TV sequel (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 9:40 AM, PST)
- Gellar Considers "Cruel Intentions" TV Series (From Dark Horizons. 7 February 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Superficial 'News,' Mineo-Dean Bromance-Romance and Davis' fading 'Star': 31 Days of Oscar (From Alt Film Guide. 6 February 2016, 6:49 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2016: Steve Golin Produces Dual Nominations For ‘Spotlight,’ ‘Revenant’ (From Variety - Film News. 8 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Examining Hollywood Remakes: The Raven (From Cinelinx. 6 February 2016, 10:09 PM, PST)
- Variety’s Artisans Award Recipients at Santa Barbara Film Festival Announced (From Variety - Film News. 5 February 2016, 3:43 PM, PST)