Ocassionally on Mondays or Tuesday's, we'll talk theater.
Do we have any fans of TV's historic sitcom "Roseanne" in the house? I ended up watching a couple of episodes the other day in syndication which happens to me probably once a year when I chance upon it -- it's hard to click away from. It was a double dose of Laurie Metcalf, Roseanne's sitcom sister Jackie, since I'd just seen her onstage anchoring the psychological drama "The Other Place" in which a brilliant neurologist's life begins to fall apart. Or... is it her life falling apart or (Slight Spoiler) just her mind? That's the crux of the drama and it's a real actor's showcase of a play.
Metcalf won three Emmy Awards (and probably a lifetime supply of bank account) for her work on that famous sitcom but now she's aiming at a Tony. This is a juicy role »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News Items"Roseanne" (1988)
- Laurie Metcalf Remembers First Emmy Win For ‘Roseanne’ (From Variety - TV News. 17 August 2016, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Emmy episode analysis: Laurie Metcalf plays unhinged and heartbroken for laughs on ‘Getting On’ (From Gold Derby. 17 August 2016, 8:09 AM, PDT)
- Why the Emmys Should Crown ‘The Americans,’ Not ‘Game of Thrones’: IndieWire’s Emmy Endorsements (Drama) (From Indiewire. 16 August 2016, 11:01 AM, PDT)
Phantom of the Opera (1943)
- Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon (From Trailers from Hell. 19 August 2016, 8:12 PM, PDT)
- Where to Catch a Free B’way Performance (From Backstage. 19 July 2016, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- Reboot For Universal's Famous Monsters Of Filmland (From SneakPeek. 23 June 2016, 5:57 AM, PDT)
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update (From Deadline TV. 29 August 2016, 5:38 PM, PDT)
- Why Julia Louis-Dreyfus Deserves Her Fifth ‘Veep’ Emmy: IndieWire’s Emmys Endorsements (Comedy) (From Indiewire Television. 17 August 2016, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- Why Julia Louis-Dreyfus Deserves Her Fifth ‘Veep’ Emmy: IndieWire’s Emmys Endorsements (Comedy) (From Indiewire. 17 August 2016, 12:44 PM, PDT)