A Planet Fury-approved selection of notable genre DVD releases for the month of January.
Effects guru Robert Hall’s semi-autobiographical film about a small town teen (Reaper's Bret Harrison) who has aspirations to become a special effects artist. An opportunity to manage the town’s local haunted house is thwarted by his alcoholic stepfather and the staunchly religious views of the surrounding population. The solid supporting cast includes That 70’s Show’s Laura Prepon, Hellraiser’s Ashely Lawrence and Kevin Gage. Written and directed by Hall, it’s an affectionate coming-of-age drama that works in spite of an uneven narrative that falls apart in the final half hour. Hopefully this new extended cut will remedy the scripting problems of the original release.
Special Features include:
* Never-before-released extended cut of the film.
* Making-of Featurette
* Audio commentaries with the writer/director and cast. »
- Bradley Harding
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Exclusive Interview with Nick Damici for ‘Late Phases’ (From LatinoReview. 22 November 2014, 9:34 PM, PST)
- Marion Cotillard on 'Macbeth': 'I lost control of everything' (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 10:25 AM, PST)
- Thailand Cinema Chain Halts ‘Mockingjay’ Screenings (From Variety - Film News. 20 November 2014, 5:08 AM, PST)
Paranormal Activity (2007)
- Gsn Developing Horror-Themed Show with ‘Paranormal Activity’ Producer (From Variety - TV News. 18 November 2014, 10:27 AM, PST)
- Gsn's New Development Includes Horror Game Show; Two App-Themed Series (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 18 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Is Universal Sabotaging themselves With their Monster Movie Strategy? (From Cinelinx. 17 November 2014, 8:18 PM, PST)
- Pifff Day 1: Three Promising Debuts in Time Lapse, Housebound, and Nightcrawler (From Collider.com. 20 November 2014, 10:19 PM, PST)
- Monster Mogul: George A. Romero And His Legion Of The Undead (From CinemaRetro. 18 November 2014, 8:13 AM, PST)
- Ghostface Getting Makeover for MTV (From Boomtron. 17 November 2014, 5:07 PM, PST)