"Dallas" is dealing with Larry Hagman's death with a murder mystery the show is billing as "Who Killed J.R.?"
According to TV Guide Magazine, "Dallas" executive producer Cynthia Cidre and the show's writing staff decided to launch a "Who Killed J.R.?" mystery in the wake of Hagman's passing. No stranger to mysteries -- "Dallas" fever previously swept the nation with "Who shot J.R.?" in 1980 -- the multi-episode arc will take place in the second half of the season. Hagman is expected to appear in the first five episodes of Season 2.
"We all felt having J.R. die of natural causes would have been completely inappropriate, not only to the character, but also to Larry Hagman," Cidre said. The executive producer received Patrick Duffy's blessing to do the story and also ran the story by Hagman's son, Preston.
Hagman passed away in late November at the »
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood wished well by Julie Andrews (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 14 November 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- 'Glee' says goodbye to Cory Monteith: Here's how other TV shows handled a star's death (From EW.com - PopWatch. 11 October 2013, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- Larry Hagman's Son Expresses 'Disappointment' With Emmys In Memoriam: 'My Dad Was a Trailblazer' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 September 2013, 6:03 PM, PDT)
Patrick Duffy (I)
- ABC, TNT Set Their Midseason Schedule (From Dark Horizons. 20 November 2013, 5:55 AM, PST)
- Premiere Dates, Renewals & Other Cable News (From Deadline TV. 18 November 2013, 2:22 PM, PST)
- ‘Dallas’ Returning in February (From The Wrap. 18 November 2013, 9:20 AM, PST)
- Best of 2013 (Behind the Scenes): How 'Dallas' pieced together J.R. Ewing's final scene (From EW.com - Inside TV. 1 December 2013, 9:01 AM, PST)
- Dallas Gets Premiere Date for Split Season 3 (From TVLine.com. 18 November 2013, 7:39 AM, PST)
- Keck's Exclusives: TNT Sets Dallas' Season 3 Premiere Date (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 18 November 2013, 6:37 AM, PST)