Back in the early '00s, Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong were one of the hottest couples around. Though they called off their engagement in 2006 after dating for three years, Armstrong won two of his Tour de France titles during their time together. Crow says now that she thinks he made the right move by coming clean about his doping.
"I think that honesty is always the best bet and that the truth will set you free," Crow tells Entertainment Tonight. "To carry around a weight like that would be devastating in the long run."
Crow says she caught "bits and pieces" of Armstrong's interview with Oprah Winfrey where he confessed to using drugs to enhance his cycling performances. If Crow did, she likely noticed that she wasn't mentioned at all during the lengthy conversation.
That's not to say she's not connected in some way, though. Celebuzz reports that Crow »
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Women Film Critics Circle Award Winners (From The Hollywood News. 21 December 2013, 10:57 AM, PST)
- Lee Daniels’ The Butler Home Entertainment Release (From ShockYa. 21 December 2013, 7:43 AM, PST)
- Tom Bergeron, Golden Sisters 2013 Countdown: Best Pop Culture Moments (Videos) (From Monsters and Critics. 20 December 2013, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Behind the Crazy 'Anchorman' Newscaster Brawl (From Rolling Stone. 18 December 2013, 3:20 PM, PST)
- Kath Griffin’s New Special is a “Record Breaker” and a Diane von Furstenberg Reality Show (From The Backlot. 18 December 2013, 4:28 AM, PST)
- Anderson Cooper, Kathy Griffin Reunite for CNN New Year’s Coverage (From The Wrap. 17 December 2013, 11:31 AM, PST)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” Casts Holt’s Husband, CBS Colorizes “I Love Lucy” for Christmas and E! Debuts Britney Spears Documentary (From The Backlot. 20 December 2013, 4:57 AM, PST)
- '80s Overload: See Joan Rivers, Oprah, Whoopi Goldberg, Cher and More in 'Christmas at Pee-wee's Playhouse' (From Movies.com. 18 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Meagan Good Gives Us One Stellar Ron Burgundy Impression (From BuzzSugar. 18 December 2013, 11:10 AM, PST)