When the current theatrical reboot (a sequel and toothless TV remake had already come and gone) of Carrie was announced, there was a lot of teeth gnashing and cries of "leave the classics alone!," mostly by me. But as details began to leak out, the prospect became more intriguing. Gay director Kimberly Pierce gave us the masterpiece Boys Don't Cry, and the fabulous Julianne Moore signed up to play Carrie's psychotic fanatical mother. Chloe Moretz doesn't look anything like Stephen King's Carrie, but then neither did Sissy Spacek, so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Carrie was supposed to open in March, but the studio has pushed it back to October, which means they're either hoping for Halloween dollars ... or it's a sign of a troubled production.
But while we wait to rain judgment down on the new version of our favorite telekinetic teen, let's take »
Similar News ItemsJulianne Moore
- Damian Lewis and the case of the missing redheads (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 December 2013, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Inside the L.A. Film Critics’ Vote: ‘Gravity,’ ‘Her’ and the Ties That Bind (From Variety - Film News. 9 December 2013, 2:39 PM, PST)
- American Horror Story: Sound of Music (From FilmExperience. 7 December 2013, 5:07 PM, PST)
Chloë Grace Moretz
- Film today: Puss in Boots to Pope in biopic (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 December 2013, 11:27 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio Top IMDb’s 2013 Most Popular Stars List (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Sundance Film Festival 2014 - Premiere Line-Up Includes The Raid 2 (From GeekTyrant. 10 December 2013, 9:30 AM, PST)
Stephen King (I)
- Official Synopsis for Stephen King's Upcoming Novel Mr. Mercedes (From Dread Central. 10 December 2013, 3:47 PM, PST)
- NBC To Deliver Rosemary’s Baby (From We Got This Covered. 10 December 2013, 2:17 PM, PST)
- CBS Jumps Back Into Miniseries Biz With ‘The Dovekeepers’ From Mark Burnett And Roma Downey (From Deadline TV. 9 December 2013, 10:05 AM, PST)