When the current theatrical reboot (a sequel and toothless TV remake had already come and gone) of Carrie was announced, there was a lot of teeth gnashing and cries of "leave the classics alone!," mostly by me. But as details began to leak out, the prospect became more intriguing. Gay director Kimberly Pierce gave us the masterpiece Boys Don't Cry, and the fabulous Julianne Moore signed up to play Carrie's psychotic fanatical mother. Chloe Moretz doesn't look anything like Stephen King's Carrie, but then neither did Sissy Spacek, so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Carrie was supposed to open in March, but the studio has pushed it back to October, which means they're either hoping for Halloween dollars ... or it's a sign of a troubled production.
But while we wait to rain judgment down on the new version of our favorite telekinetic teen, let's take »
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- ‘It’ Could Be the Savior the Box Office Desperately Needs With Record-Breaking Opening (From Indiewire. 17 August 2017, 8:12 AM, PDT)
- 'It' Tracking for Record $50M Debut in U.S. (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 17 August 2017, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- It Producer Confirms IMAX Release (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- 14 Blockbusters to See This Season, From ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ to ‘Blade Runner 2049’ and Many More (From Indiewire. 17 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle gets a new poster and TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 1:43 AM, PDT)
- Our 20 most anticipated movies at #TIFF17 so far! (From Cineplex. 15 August 2017, 11:45 AM, PDT)
Chloë Grace Moretz
- I Love You, Daddy: The secret 35mm black-and-white film Louis C.K. shot over the summer (From The Independent. 16 August 2017, 4:56 AM, PDT)
- Louis C.K.'s Surprise Movie and Brie Larson's Directorial Debut Join the 2017 Toronto Film Festival Program (From Movies.com. 15 August 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Louis C.K. Shot a Secret Movie with Chloe Moretz and It's Coming Soon (From MovieWeb. 15 August 2017, 6:43 PM, PDT)