When the current theatrical reboot (a sequel and toothless TV remake had already come and gone) of Carrie was announced, there was a lot of teeth gnashing and cries of "leave the classics alone!," mostly by me. But as details began to leak out, the prospect became more intriguing. Gay director Kimberly Pierce gave us the masterpiece Boys Don't Cry, and the fabulous Julianne Moore signed up to play Carrie's psychotic fanatical mother. Chloe Moretz doesn't look anything like Stephen King's Carrie, but then neither did Sissy Spacek, so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Carrie was supposed to open in March, but the studio has pushed it back to October, which means they're either hoping for Halloween dollars ... or it's a sign of a troubled production.
But while we wait to rain judgment down on the new version of our favorite telekinetic teen, let's take »
Similar News ItemsJulianne Moore
- Another big year for Julianne Moore (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 12:41 AM, PDT)
- Boogie Nights (From Sky Movies. 10 March 2014, 1:08 AM, PDT)
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Cuts Through Box Office with Big $45 Million Debut (From Upcoming-Movies.com. 9 March 2014, 6:23 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- CBS Rolling Out Seven Hours of Originals This Summer (From Variety - TV News. 11 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Halle Berry's ‘Extant’ Premiere Pushed a Week as CBS Sets Summer Slate (From The Wrap. 11 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Documentary 'Staircases to Nowhere' Might Be the Greatest Documentary About 'The Shining' Ever Made (From Movies.com. 10 March 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
Chloë Grace Moretz
- 'The Knick' Promo Proclaims, 'Surgery Wasn't Always Science' (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 March 2014, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Charlize Theron To Make Everything Nice For Universal Pictures (From We Got This Covered. 10 March 2014, 4:54 AM, PDT)
- Uma Thurman In Talks For American Ultra (From We Got This Covered. 8 March 2014, 3:39 AM, PST)