The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 9/1/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 September 2014, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Syfy Cancels ‘The Wil Wheaton Project’ (From Screen Rant. 30 August 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- It's okay for Alicia and Kalinda to be apart on 'The Good Wife' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 30 August 2014, 5:23 AM, PDT)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- Sean Lowe Pens Gushing Blog Post About Catherine Giudici: "My Wife Is Hot and I'm in Love" (From Us Weekly. 28 August 2014, 12:46 AM, PDT)
- The Bachelor: Season 19 Starts in January with Chris Soules (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 August 2014, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Chris Soules Is Officially the New Bachelor! (From BuzzSugar. 27 August 2014, 11:06 AM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Fxx's Every Simpsons Ever Marathon: Day 7 - HitFix Picks (From Hitfix. 26 August 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Emmys: Jeff Jensen and Melissa Maerz on a show that made TV seem small (From EW.com - Inside TV. 26 August 2014, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Liz Tuccillo’s SXSW Comedy ‘Take Care’ Gets Distribution (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2014, 11:23 AM, PDT)