The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 3/31/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 March 2015, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- The 7 Secret Weapons Behind 'Home's' Astonishing Box Office Success (From Moviefone. 30 March 2015, 5:51 AM, PDT)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Melissa Rauch (From Obsessed with Film. 30 March 2015, 1:56 AM, PDT)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- Chris Soules' New DWTS Strategy? Dancing Shirtless and Breaking Out His "Sexy-Face" (From E! Online. 30 March 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'The Bachelorette' Rumor: Is Nick Viall Joining Season 11? (From BuddyTV. 29 March 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- The Bachelorette Tapes Rap Battle in NYC: Inside the Episode Filming! (From Us Weekly. 26 March 2015, 8:58 AM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- 35 of the Funniest Sex and the City Moments (From BuzzSugar. 31 March 2015, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Younger Season 1 Review (From We Got This Covered. 31 March 2015, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Review: Sutton Foster plays 'Younger' for TV Land (From Hitfix. 31 March 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)