The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/10/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 December 2013, 5:54 PM, PST)
- Kaley Cuoco Watches Fiancé Ryan Sweeting Play Tennis in Chilly Weather—See the Pics! (From E! Online. 10 December 2013, 1:42 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: Mayim Bialik, Bill Nye and Kevin Sorbo to Guest-Judge King of the Nerds Season 2 (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 10 December 2013, 9:12 AM, PST)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- These 10 Hilarious Tweets From Gays Are My New Favorite Things! (From The Backlot. 10 December 2013, 12:26 PM, PST)
- Geri Halliwell guest stars in Trollied festive special: First picture (From Digital Spy - TV news. 10 December 2013, 2:03 AM, PST)
- 'Carrie Diaries' AnnaSophia Robb meets 'Sex and the City's' Sarah Jessica Parker (From Pop2it. 9 December 2013, 7:00 PM, PST)
Jillian Michaels (II)
- The Biggest Loser Conspiracy: Ruben Studdard Insists He Was Brought Back Due to "Fairness Issues" (From E! Online. 4 December 2013, 11:29 AM, PST)
- Kylie Jenner & More Celebs Wish Fans A Happy Thanksgiving On Twitter (From HollywoodLife. 28 November 2013, 8:18 AM, PST)
- Lisa Whelchel Sounds Off on Exercise and Dating at 50 (From PEOPLE.com. 24 November 2013, 6:50 AM, PST)