The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- NBC's James Burrows Special Is Going to Inspire a Lot of TV Crossover Fan Fiction (From E! Online. 10 February 2016)
- CBS 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 2/9/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 9 February 2016, 12:33 PM, PST)
- Fuller House Trailer Shows the Series' Lighthearted Tone (From LatinoReview. 9 February 2016, 10:18 AM, PST)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- 'The Bachelor' -- Famous Bahamas Pigs Got Bad Vibes from 'Cranky' Chicks (Video) (From TMZ. 9 February 2016, 2:05 PM, PST)
- The Bachelor season 20, episode 6: the manipulator learns she is not the master (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 February 2016, 8:58 AM, PST)
- If You're Still Reeling From The Bachelor, You Need to Read Olivia's Response (From BuzzSugar. 9 February 2016, 8:45 AM, PST)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- ‘Deadpool’ to Pummel Box Office Competition Over President’s Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 9 February 2016, 3:17 PM, PST)
- How Sex and the City Helped Me Through My First Big Breakup (From BuzzSugar. 9 February 2016, 3:15 PM, PST)
- Berlin: Variety Critics Pick Their Festival Wish Lists (From Variety - Film News. 9 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)