The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 8/20/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 August 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Univision Wins Second Straight Week Among Young Adults (From Variety - TV News. 20 August 2014, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- To Be Takei Review (From We Got This Covered. 19 August 2014, 8:09 PM, PDT)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- Inside Juan Pablo Galavis's Birthday Bash - See the Photos and Video! (From PEOPLE.com. 13 August 2014, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Inside Andi Dorfman's Surprise Birthday Bash for Josh Murray: Get the Scoop! (From PEOPLE.com. 9 August 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- 5 Australian pop-culture imports you should know (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 August 2014, 10:46 AM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- You Won't Believe Who Sarah Jessica Parker Nominated For the Ice Bucket Challenge (From Popsugar. 21 August 2014, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Seth Meyers on Hosting the Emmys: Entertaining Entertainers Isn't Easy (From PEOPLE.com. 20 August 2014, 9:55 AM, PDT)
- Halt and Catch Fire Gets Season 2 (From TVLine.com. 20 August 2014, 7:06 AM, PDT)