The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- The Big Bang Theory Scholarship Fund Created for UCLA Students, $4 Million Raised—Get More Details! (From E! Online. 29 May 2015, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/29/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 May 2015, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- Ratings: NBC’s ‘Aquarius’ Has Modest Bow; Fox’s ‘Wayward Pines’ Steady (From Variety - TV News. 29 May 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- Which Former Bachelor or Bachelorette Should Do the Show Again? (From E! Online. 29 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Review: Lifetime's 'Unreal' is Real Good (From Indiewire Television. 29 May 2015, 7:31 AM, PDT)
- Chris Soules And Whitney Bischoff Are Latest ‘Bachelor’ Couple To Split (From Uinterview. 28 May 2015, 2:41 PM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Aloha' & 'San Andreas', DelightWipes, Soundboard History and More (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Anne Meara obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 May 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Anne Meara's Son Ben Stiller Steps Out After Mom's Death, Thanks Friends and Fans—Read His Heartfelt Message (From E! Online. 25 May 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)