The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 8/22/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 August 2014, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Rookie Blue, Big Brother, Welcome to Sweden, The Quest (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 August 2014, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Predictions 2014: Outstanding comedy series (From Hitfix. 22 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- Inside Juan Pablo Galavis's Birthday Bash - See the Photos and Video! (From PEOPLE.com. 13 August 2014, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Inside Andi Dorfman's Surprise Birthday Bash for Josh Murray: Get the Scoop! (From PEOPLE.com. 9 August 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- 5 Australian pop-culture imports you should know (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 August 2014, 10:46 AM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Liz Tuccillo’s SXSW Comedy ‘Take Care’ Gets Distribution (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2014, 11:23 AM, PDT)
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo’s SXSW Rom-Com ‘Take Care’ (From Deadline New York. 21 August 2014, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- From 'All in the Family' to 'Breaking Bad': 24 Legendary Creators Gather to Share Secrets From 53 Years of TV (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)