The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 5/22/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 May 2017, 8:31 PM, PDT)
- Win Rings on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 22 May 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- College-ish: Freeform Officially Orders Black-ish Spinoff with a New Title (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 May 2017, 8:06 PM, PDT)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- ‘The Bachelorette’ Premiere Recap: Rachel Takes Off Her Lawyer Hat and Puts on Her ‘Love One’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2017, 8:14 PM, PDT)
- Rachel Lindsay’s Bachelorette Contestants Are Already Fighting over Her — Who Got the First Kiss? (From PEOPLE.com. 22 May 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- The Bachelorette Premiere: Did Rachel Hand Out the Right Roses? (Grade It!) (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Remembering 'Felicity,' 15 Years After the Series Finale (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 May 2017, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Brewery Ommegang and HBO Global Licensing Release New Game Of Thrones Beer “Bend the Knee” (From DailyDead. 22 May 2017, 4:09 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Opens Up About ‘Sex And The City 2’: ‘I Can See Where We Fell Short’ (From ET Canada. 21 May 2017, 7:44 PM, PDT)