The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 12/1/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 December 2015, 12:36 PM, PST)
- On this day in pop culture history: ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’ opened in theaters (From Hitfix. 1 December 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Mike & Molly, The Odd Couple, Angel from Hell, Criminal Minds Beyond Borders: CBS Announces 2016 Debuts (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 November 2015, 6:39 PM, PST)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- The Big Bang Theory season 9 episode 9 review: The Platonic Permutation (From Den of Geek. 24 November 2015, 6:24 AM, PST)
- The Bachelor: Season 20 Trailer Released by ABC (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 November 2015, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Have No Fear - TV's Midseason Premiere Dates Are Here! (From BuzzSugar. 18 November 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Younger: TV Land Previews Season Two of Sutton Foster Comedy (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 November 2015, 8:51 PM, PST)
- 81 thoughts I had while watching the first three episodes of 'Jessica Jones' (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 3:38 PM, PST)
- Marvel's Luke Cage Adds Sonia Braga (From TVLine.com. 24 November 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)