The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 12/20/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 December 2014, 1:20 PM, PST)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Elementary, Biggest Loser, The Taste, iHeartradio, McCarthys (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 December 2014, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Craig Ferguson: Latenight’s Uniquely Intimate Host Signs Off, For Now (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 10:40 AM, PST)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- Can 'Prince Farming' Bring the Nice Back to 'The Bachelor'? (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 December 2014, 3:55 PM, PST)
- Chris Soules on Why He Won't Be Like Juan Pablo Galavis on The Bachelor (From E! Online. 11 December 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Desiree Hartsock Throws Baby Shower for Bachelor Pal Renee Oteri: Pics (From Us Weekly. 8 December 2014, 12:11 PM, PST)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Nears HBO Return With New Comedy (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 2:56 PM, PST)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Expected to Return to HBO in ‘Divorce’ Comedy (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 2:23 PM, PST)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Eyes HBO Comeback in Divorce Comedy (From TVLine.com. 19 December 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)