The premiere episode of Fox’s The Following delivered some solid numbers Monday night.
The serial killer thriller starring Kevin Bacon had 10.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That’s slightly under what the short-lived Alcatraz delivered in this slot last year, but the problem with Alcatraz wasn’t where the show’s ratings started, but rather where they ended up.
Much of the media conversation surrounding The Following has been hand-wringing over the show’s graphic violence — is it too much? Is the show ill-timed in the wake of Sandy Hook? These numbers don’t lend a »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- What we learned from the weekend’s TV: no-one wants Poldark's putrid throat (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 April 2015, 2:01 AM, PDT)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 4/25/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 April 2015, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Grey's Anatomy, The Odd Couple, Vampire Diaries, Bones, Blacklist, American Crime (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 April 2015, 1:04 PM, PDT)
"The Bachelor" (2002)
- See The New "Fifty Shades" Inspired Teaser for "The Bachelorette" (From TooFab. 21 April 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- "Unreal" Reality TV (From SneakPeek. 16 April 2015, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Details Documentary on Grateful Dead Founder Bob Weir (From Rolling Stone. 16 April 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- A visit to the set of 'Entourage' becomes an exercise in inertia (From Hitfix. 23 April 2015, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- 9 Things You Need to Know About the 'Entourage' Movie (From Moviefone. 23 April 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- From Bushwick to Hollywood: what the Girls movie needs to get right (From The Guardian - TV News. 22 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)