Feature Louisa Mellor Jan 22, 2013
In 2010, stand-up and comedy writer Louis Ck told FX head John Landgraf that he didn’t want to be Charlie Sheen. This was in the pre-tiger blood days, when Sheen was the face of mainstream Us TV comedy and drawing $1.8million per episode of CBS’ Two and a Half Men. At that time, Ck was being wooed by the major networks and having $400 grand personal pay cheques waved under his nose to come up with a sitcom pilot.
The deal Ck reached with FX was for half that amount, a sum that wasn’t just to cover his fee, but the costs of the entire production: cast, crew, sets, helicopter stunts… the whole shebang. Ck’s proviso? He be given the money and left »
Similar News ItemsLouis C.K.
- Reese Witherspoon, Louis C.K. to Host Final Saturday Night Live Season 40 Episodes (From TVovermind.com. 24 April 2015, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- This Week’s Teachable Moment on Louie: Listen to the Youth, They’re Smarter Than You (From Vulture. 24 April 2015, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- Louie, Ep. 5.03: “Cop Story” examines male insecurity, served up two ways (From SoundOnSight. 23 April 2015, 8:45 PM, PDT)
- Review: 'Inside Amy Schumer' Season 3 Knows What It Looks Like, Doesn't Care What You Think (From Indiewire. 21 April 2015, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Review: 'Inside Amy Schumer' Season 3 Knows What It Looks Like, Doesn't Care What You Think (From Indiewire Television. 21 April 2015, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Laff Launches on Multiple Platforms, Acquires ‘Spin City’ Rights (From The Wrap. 15 April 2015, 9:20 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 4/25/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 April 2015, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- How Lena Dunham is Launching an Empire for Comedic Women (From Variety - TV News. 21 April 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- "Jurassic World" - Raptors In Your Face (From SneakPeek. 20 April 2015, 8:26 AM, PDT)