While everyone waits for the Producer's Guild awards to let us know which way the winds for best picture are blowing, a couple of thermals at the weekend gave more shape to the best director race.
On Saturday, the London Critics Circle film awards gave out their annual gongs: to Amour for film and best actress, to The Master for the performances of Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin's Phoenix, while best director went to Ang Lee. This, on the same weekend that Life of Pi held off The Hobbit at the international box office for the second week running.
- Tom Shone
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- Aliens Told in 60 Fun Seconds - Animated Video (From GeekTyrant. 20 May 2013, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Cinema’s Greatest Villains: The 1970′s (From SoundOnSight. 19 May 2013, 4:43 PM, PDT)
- Remember Me: Ray Harryhausen (1920 – 2013): Master of Illusion (From SoundOnSight. 19 May 2013, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- What Went Wrong? (From Huffington Post. 20 May 2013, 6:10 AM, PDT)
- Dubai Launches Cinematic Innovation Summit (From Variety - Film News. 20 May 2013, 2:35 AM, PDT)
- Zoe Saldana prefers male company (From Monsters and Critics. 18 May 2013, 3:01 AM, PDT)
- 'Saturday Night Live' poll: Who was the best host of the year? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 20 May 2013, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Has Jason Sudeikis Also Left SNL? Plus: X Factor Judges Update and More! (From TVLine.com. 20 May 2013, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Jay Pharoah tweets that Jason Sudeikis is leaving 'Saturday Night Live' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 20 May 2013, 9:42 AM, PDT)