While promoting her new movie "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete," Hudson told Celebuzz that "Everything has its time."
Now in its twelfth season, "American Idol" has seen many judging panel changes and declining ratings. The show that produced chart-toppers and Hollywood successes such as Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, is now facing stiff competition in the reality singing competition from the likes of "The Voice" and "The X Factor."
However, Hudson -- who will soon appear on "Smash" Season 2 -- isn't ignoring what "American Idol" did for her career and for TV as a whole. "'American Idol' changed the face of television,” she said. “So, not everyone can say that. And, it’s always been a phenomenon. I’m proud to have come from 'American Idol,' so I just say, »
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Nina Agdal, Josh Henderson and Cailin Russo Sizzle in New Swimsuit Campaign—See Their Hot Bods! (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Ricky Gervais Has Some Sound Advice for Justin Bieber: Watch Now! (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Icing Out Selena Gomez Over Justin Bieber Reunion?! "She Has Not Cut Her Off," Says Friend (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 1:03 PM, PDT)
"American Idol" (2002)
- 'American Idol' poll: Did Majesty Rose butcher or beautify Oscar-winning 'Let it Go'? (From Gold Derby. 12 March 2014, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- 'American Idol' bottom three predictions: M.K., C.J. and Jena (From Gold Derby. 12 March 2014, 8:46 PM, PDT)
- 'American Idol' Top 11 Movie Night: Lights, Camera, Action! (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 March 2014, 7:49 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/12/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 March 2014, 10:32 PM, PDT)
- TV Scorecard: What's Coming Back Next Season . . . and What's Not (From BuzzSugar. 12 March 2014, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh: A decade-long brotherly love affair (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 March 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)