Beware of potential Star Trek Into Darkness spoilers...
While J.J. Abrams' upcoming sci-fi sequel Star Trek Into Darkness has been shrouded in a cloak of almost complete secrecy from the moment it was first announced, the one question that's been on everyone's lips is the identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's villain. Originally it was rumoured that Abrams' was to follow the map laid out by Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan by introduction the genetically-enhanced 20th century warlord Khan Noonien Singh, before images started to surface showing Benedict Cumberbatch wearing a Starfleet uniform.
This immediately lent support to the theory that his character would be that of helmsman Gary Mitchell, the Starfleet officer who gains god-like powers in the Star Trek: Tos pilot 'Where No Man Has Gone Before', but Paramount Pictures then threw a spanner in the works when an official image referred to him as 'John Harrison'. »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Exclusive: Jerry O'Connell Makes His Drag Debut at RuPaul's Drag Con, Says He'd Be 'First to Sign Up' For A Celebrity 'Drag Race' (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 April 2017, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- A-List TV Titans Best and Worst: Every J.J. Abrams Series Ranked (From TVLine.com. 30 April 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Sydney Bristow joins the Funko family with Alias Pop! Vinyl figures (From Flickeringmyth. 28 April 2017, 7:15 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- John Ostrander: The Secret Origin of Captain Boomerang (From Comicmix. 30 April 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Dirty Sci-Fi Is The Best Sci-Fi (From Flickeringmyth. 30 April 2017, 4:40 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek: Discovery adds Penny Dreadful & Battlestar Galactica alums (From JoBlo. 28 April 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Why Are We Compelled to Rank Movies in a Series with Each New Release? (From FilmSchoolRejects. 15 April 2017, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Jeff Bayer’s Remedial Film School at Film School Rejects with Drew McWeeny, Amy Nicholson, and Vince Mancini (From Scorecard Review. 7 January 2017, 3:15 PM, PST)
- Scott’s Favorites of 2016 (From DailyDead. 4 January 2017, 3:16 PM, PST)