Eight years ago I walked the frosted Utah streets as a wide-eyed young man, ready for his first taste of the Sundance Film Festival. It was an interesting year for films here in Park City, and while many of us were taking part in the mind-numbingly harsh hazing process that accompanies ones first trip to Sundance, elsewhere in the festival a Korean Director was experiencing a little initiation of his own.
That Director was Park Chan-Wook, who that year had two films circulating the cineplexes of the Festival’s “Theater Loop”. One of them was the career defining chapter of his Revenge trilogy Oldboy, the other was a segment in the terrifying horror compilation Three Extremes.
At the time I didn’t know quite what to make of these films. I had been to film school and heard countless teachers recount the immense brilliance of film makers like Welles, Hitchcock and Kubrick, »
- Ty Cooper
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- 'The Flash' Finds Its Director In 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Writer Seth Grahame-Smith (From Movies.com. 5 October 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Sleepy Hollow season 3 episode 1 review: I, Witness (From Den of Geek. 5 October 2015, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- Seth Grahame-Smith Directing Warner Bros.' Flash (From EmpireOnline. 5 October 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- ‘Pan’s’ Hugh Jackman Follows Nicole Kidman’s Advice to Pick Projects by Director (From Variety - Film News. 5 October 2015, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Bordwell, Silver, Murch (From Keyframe. 5 October 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Bordwell, Silver, Murch (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 5 October 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Win Passes To The Advance Screening Of Crimson Peak In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 October 2015, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Crimson Peak Video Highlights the Ghosts of Guillermo del Toro’s Film (From shocktillyoudrop. 29 September 2015, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- Matt Lucas Signs With Wme (From Deadline. 28 September 2015, 4:47 PM, PDT)