James Franco has earned some heat for his parody of Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" music video. The spoof, which shows him and his maybe-girlfriend Ashley Benson pretending to be Bieber and Selena Gomez, apparently wasn't received too well by those close to the Canadian pop star.
"I was asked to take it down by some people," Franco tells E! News. "Bieber didn't contact me, but I don't think he was too happy. ... I wasn't trying to diss him."
For what it's worth, Bieber reportedly hasn't even seen the parody. If he had, he's realize that there's nothing nasty or mean about the video. It's basically just Franco being weird and lip-syncing the single while Benson, who stars in "Spring Breakers" with Gomez, rubs herself all over him and humps the floor of what looks like a hotel room. It honestly just seems like Franco has an appreciation for today's pop music, »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (Video) (From The Wrap. 22 May 2013, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber -- Let's Party!! Just Sign Here, Please (From TMZ. 22 May 2013, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Former 'Idol' contestants might judge next season's 'American Idol' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 22 May 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Review: James Franco Makes an Ambitious but Faltering Debut With As I Lay Dying (From BuzzSugar. 22 May 2013, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Apocalyptic Red-Band Spot for This Is The End - Tripping (From GeekTyrant. 22 May 2013, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Movie Power Rankings: The Cannes Festival takes the top spot (From Hitfix. 22 May 2013, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- 2013 Teen Choice Award Nominations: Twilight and Vampire Diaries Are Tops, Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Square Off (From E! Online. 22 May 2013, 7:43 PM, PDT)
- Chris Brown’s Adorable New Puppy Is A Rescue Dog (From HollywoodLife. 22 May 2013, 5:48 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez Goes Without Makeup, Shows Lighter Hair Color (From Us Weekly. 22 May 2013, 12:28 PM, PDT)