With Downton 'saved', what are we supposed to do with our emotional investment? And just where is Shirley MacLaine?
Spoiler Alert: This blog is for people watching Downton Abbey series three on PBS in the Us. Don't read on if you haven't seen episode three.
Viv Groskop's episode two blog
This was an episode that pointed up the main problem with Downton: when it's mad we complain, but secretly enjoy it; when it's not that mad we also complain, because it feels a bit boring. By the usual melty-faced, tingling standards, this was a tame instalment, to be sure. Hundreds of letters went undelivered and then suddenly arrived all at once. Bates stopped shaving. Cousin Isobel said the word "prostitute" 73 times. There were some good points: the new footman, the reappearance of the Molesley-deprived Mrs Bird, the new footman. But mostly this was a rehash of things we've seen before. »
- Viv Groskop
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Text Santa peaks with 5.4 million viewers on ITV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 December 2014, 3:59 AM, PST)
- Text Santa raises its highest total ever with £5,503,065 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 December 2014, 4:50 PM, PST)
- George Clooney Takes Over Downton Abbey in Hilarious 9-Minute Video (From PEOPLE.com. 19 December 2014, 4:25 PM, PST)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- Rob Lowe Tackles an Issue That Will Touch Your Heart (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 December 2014, 12:41 PM, PST)
- 6 Celebs Who Burned Through All Their Good Will in 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 December 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)
- Judd Apatow, Steve Carell, and More Stars React to Sony Canceling 'The Interview' (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 December 2014, 12:20 PM, PST)
- Stonehearst Asylum Blu-ray / DVD Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 2 December 2014, 12:02 PM, PST)
- Ten Great Performances from Mike Nichols' Films (From FilmExperience. 21 November 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Millennium Entertainment Buys Distributor Amplify’s L.A. Operations (From Variety - Film News. 21 November 2014, 10:34 AM, PST)