Washington — Beyonce drew a loud cheer from the audience Monday even before her impressive rendition of the national anthem.
James Taylor kicked off the musical performances, strumming his guitar and singing "America the Beautiful." Kelly Clarkson followed with an unusual arrangement of "My Country `Tis of Thee." Then Beyonce was introduced and the crowd again roared its approval.
Beyonce had a definite fan in Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who applauded eagerly after she finished singing the national anthem.
The pop goddess may have been the star musical attraction, but she had plenty of company from Hollywood at the Capitol on Monday. Katy Perry and John Mayer sat side-by-side, with Perry in an orange-striped coat and wide hat. »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama (I)
- President Obama's Tan Suit Is Not Doing Him Any Favors (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 August 2014, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News (From The Wrap. 29 August 2014, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- James Foley Waterboarded: Islamic State Militants Tortured American Journalist (From Uinterview. 28 August 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Riff Raff Calls Sam Smith a 'Chubby Little F*ck Factory' (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 August 2014, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- The Daily Treat: Your Favorite Pomeranian Is Now the Fastest Dog on Two Paws (From PEOPLE.com. 28 August 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Katy Perry and Diplo Back Together . Spotted Dancing At The Emmys After Party (From iCelebz. 26 August 2014, 10:32 PM, PDT)
- Beyoncé's Sexy Summer Getaways Will Have You Itching For Your Own Vacation (From Popsugar. 29 August 2014, 5:39 PM, PDT)
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events (From BuddyTV. 29 August 2014, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- Demi Lovato Unites Beyonce Knowles and Kim Kardashian as Body Confidence Role Models (From National Ledger. 29 August 2014, 1:25 PM, PDT)