Washington — Beyonce drew a loud cheer from the audience Monday even before her impressive rendition of the national anthem.
James Taylor kicked off the musical performances, strumming his guitar and singing "America the Beautiful." Kelly Clarkson followed with an unusual arrangement of "My Country `Tis of Thee." Then Beyonce was introduced and the crowd again roared its approval.
Beyonce had a definite fan in Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who applauded eagerly after she finished singing the national anthem.
The pop goddess may have been the star musical attraction, but she had plenty of company from Hollywood at the Capitol on Monday. Katy Perry and John Mayer sat side-by-side, with Perry in an orange-striped coat and wide hat. »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Obama Kicks Off Hollywood Fundraising Blitz at Director Robert Rodriguez' Austin Estate (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 July 2014, 11:29 PM, PDT)
- That Time Barack Obama Made History by Shaking Hands With a Guy Wearing a Horse Mask—See the Pics! (From E! Online. 9 July 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Someone Finally Went and Made Seinfeld Emoji (From Vulture. 9 July 2014, 6:40 AM, PDT)
- TMZ Sports Show: Victoria's Secret Models Weep Over Brazil's Humiliating Loss To Germany (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Lea Michele's Eyebrow Guru Dishes on the Glee Star's Perfect Arches (From E! Online. 9 July 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Rob Gronkowski -- Hits Katy Perry Concert ... After JLo, Beyonce Shows (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber to Be Charged With Misdemeanor Vandalism for Egging His Neighbor (From The Wrap. 9 July 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Star-Studded 'Stand Up To Cancer' Returns to Primetime on September 5 (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 July 2014, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Jay Z to Headline 2014 Global Citizen Festival (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 July 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)