News Louisa Mellor Jan 21, 2013
Disclaimer shields up as the latest 50th anniversary rumour arrives without quotes, context, or indeed, a source...
Far be it from us to douse enthusiastic reporting on Doctor Who's forthcoming fiftieth anniversary with the waters of scepticism, but there's just a chance that the newest rumour is more enthusiasm than fact.
The Birmingham Mail is reporting, without source or quote, that "Show boss Steven Moffat is close to completing a script which will see the current Doctor, Matt Smith, needing the assistance of All his police box predecessors", going on to add that "Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann have all signed up to record an anniversary audio adventure, and are keen to appear in the historic TV show, too. Christopher Eccleston is said to be reconsidering an earlier decision not to take part, and David Tennant – a friend of »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Daily Dead’s 2016 Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaways: Day 7 – Gallery 1988, Vestron Video Blu-rays, teeVillain, Gris Grimly, Star Wars Games for Kids & More! (From DailyDead. 2 December 2016, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Beware what’s under the ocean… Hook Jaw is back! (From Blogomatic3000. 2 December 2016, 7:02 AM, PST)
- Newswire: R.I.P. Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs (From The AV Club. 1 December 2016, 6:29 PM, PST)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Jessica Rothe To Star In MGM’s Musical Adaptation Of ‘Valley Girl’ (From Deadline. 29 November 2016, 1:10 PM, PST)
- Modern tribes: the box set bore (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 November 2016, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Is Queen Elizabeth Watching The Crown? (From PEOPLE.com. 25 November 2016, 8:47 AM, PST)
David Tennant (I)
- Doctor Who: revisiting each Doctor's first encounter with the Daleks (From Den of Geek. 1 December 2016, 2:16 PM, PST)
- Now Casting: Regional ‘Carousel’ Production and More Paid Gigs (From Backstage. 1 December 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 15 spoiler-y questions answered (From Den of Geek. 21 November 2016, 11:28 AM, PST)