Joseph Gordon-Levitt is attending his sixth Sundance Film Festival, this time as writer and star of his directorial debut and host of the festival's closing awards ceremony.
The 31-year-old premiered Don Jon's Addiction Friday at the independent-film showcase. He plays the title character, a man who prefers pornography to real sex, even though he brings home a different woman every weekend. Scarlett Johansson, Tony Danza and Julianne Moore also star.
"I wanted to tell a love story, and in my observations, what gets in the way of love often times is the way the people objectify each other," Gordon-Levitt said in an interview Saturday. "The story centers on a relationship between a boy and a girl, and the boy watches too much pornography, and the girl watches too many romantic Hollywood movies, and they're both sort of objectifying each other."
Keep reading to see what Gordon-Levitt had to say about »
- Cineplex.com and contributors
Similar News ItemsJoseph Gordon-Levitt
- Remembering the filmmaking talents of Leonard Nimoy (From Hitfix. 27 February 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Casting: Pike, Lively, Kurylenko, Stanfield (From Dark Horizons. 26 February 2015, 10:04 PM, PST)
- Oliver Stone’s ‘Snowden’ Pic Adds ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Actor (From Deadline. 25 February 2015, 1:24 PM, PST)
- Iron Man and Hulk Avengers: Age of Ultron Posters Joined by Nick Fury, Black Widow and Thor (From TheHDRoom. 1 March 2015, 7:41 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – Avengers: Age of Ultron, Spider-Man, Daredevil, The Fantastic Four, X-Men, Batman v Superman, Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Supergirl and more (From Flickeringmyth. 28 February 2015, 5:14 AM, PST)
- Chris Hemsworth on Thor’s role in Avengers: Age of Ultron, promises “a lengthy fight scene of destruction” (From Flickeringmyth. 28 February 2015, 3:41 AM, PST)
- Will Smith returns to the top as ‘Focus’ wins the weekend box office (From SoundOnSight. 1 March 2015, 3:48 PM, PST)
- Weekend Box Office: Focus Banks Blurry Number One, American Sniper Just Misses The Mark (From Cinema Blend. 1 March 2015, 11:19 AM, PST)
- Will Smith's heist thriller Focus beats 50 Shades at Us box office (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 March 2015, 10:05 AM, PST)