Red band trailers for Evil Dead gleefully inundate viewers with gory imagery and shudder-inducing violence, but what about legitimate horror that’s actually scary? The story from director Fede Alvarez, Rodo Sayagues Mendez and producer Sam Raimi follows five friends into the woods, where they unwittingly unleash deranged supernatural forces by reading from a mysterious (and dangerous) book.
Alvarez’ remake incorporates a drug addiction subplot, but Sony recognizes the blood splatter and callbacks to the iconography of Raimi’s original stands a better chance of making Evil Dead fans giddy – and turning around negative opinion - as opposed to, a legitimately terrifying exploration of health care. Today’s green band trailer likewise passes on the story, but suffers without the grisly payoff to fall back on (translation: it’s even less scary, without the disgusting content).
Raimi’s original Click to continue reading ‘Evil Dead’ Trailer is Less Scary Without »
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsSam Raimi
- Blu-ray Review – Phantasm 1-5 Limited Edition Collection (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2017, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- The Wall-Crawler Is In Unfamiliar Surroundings In New Spider-Man: Homecoming Photo (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 4:43 PM, PDT)
- Spidey’s Goin’ Down The Tubes In This New Homecoming Promo Shot (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Labyrinth’s Jareth the Goblin King gets a McFarlane Toys collectible figure (From Flickeringmyth. 19 April 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Fede Alvarez to direct Labyrinth sequel (From Flickeringmyth. 15 April 2017, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- Coming To America Sequel confirmed with original writers onboard (From HeyUGuys. 14 April 2017, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Director Fede Alvarez Finds Post-Trump Company Name: Bad Hombre (From The Wrap. 6 February 2017, 2:04 PM, PST)
- Fede Alvarez, Good Universe form Bad Hombre (From ScreenDaily. 6 February 2017, 12:49 PM, PST)
- Good Universe, Fede Alvarez Launch New Company Bad Hombre (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 6 February 2017, 10:53 AM, PST)