Park City, Utah -- Just call him Mr. Sundance.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is attending his sixth Sundance Film Festival, this time as writer and star of his directorial debut and host of the festival's closing awards ceremony.
The 31-year-old premiered "Don Jon's Addiction" Friday at the independent-film showcase. He plays the title character, a man who prefers pornography to real sex, even though he brings home a different woman every weekend. Scarlett Johansson, Tony Danza and Julianne Moore also star.
"I wanted to tell a love story, and in my observations, what gets in the way of love often times is the way the people objectify each other," Gordon-Levitt said in an interview Saturday. "The story centers on a relationship between a boy and a girl, and the boy watches too much pornography, and the girl watches too many romantic Hollywood movies, and they're both sort of objectifying each other."
Similar News ItemsJoseph Gordon-Levitt
- ’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Fruitvale Station’ Excluded From WGA Awards (From Variety - Film News. 3 December 2013, 6:33 PM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein Planning ‘Sin City’ Television Series (From The Hollywood News. 3 December 2013, 12:57 AM, PST)
- Inside Paul Walker's Sweet Relationship With His Daughter (From Popsugar. 2 December 2013, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Will Oscar Listen to Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’ After Nbr Win? (From Variety - Film News. 4 December 2013, 2:24 PM, PST)
- National Board of Review Names Her as 2013 Best Film: See All the Honorees! (From E! Online. 4 December 2013, 2:07 PM, PST)
- Spike Jonze's Her Named Best Picture By National Board Of Review (From Cinema Blend. 4 December 2013, 12:12 PM, PST)
- Carrie Comes Home On Blu-Ray Jan. 14 & Digital HD Jan.3 (From AreYouScreening. 4 December 2013, 6:26 PM, PST)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Carrie (2013) (From Disc Dish. 4 December 2013, 7:40 AM, PST)
- Catching Fire still burns brightly (From The Guardian - Film News. 4 December 2013, 3:37 AM, PST)