When The X Factor's James Arthur was put up in a posh London hotel along with the rest of the talent show's finalists, he was unaccustomed to its five-star luxury. "There's a phone in the toilet!" he told fellow contestant Rylan Clark.
But media regulator Ofcom has ruled the ITV programme breached programming rules by giving undue prominence to the Corinthia hotel, overlooking the Thames in central London where a suite can cost up to £3,000 a night.
Eight of the 13 finalists were shown either arriving or making themselves comfortable in the hotel in the first live programme of the last series of Simon Cowell's The X Factor, broadcast on 6 October last year.
Although ITV was not paid money to plug the hotel and its facilities as part of a product placement deal, »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Kelly Clarkson Vs. Carrie Underwood: Who Sang ‘My Favorite Things’ Better? (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 11:13 AM, PST)
- 'X Factor' Recap: Demi Lovato Calls Alex and Sierra 'Winners' (From Rolling Stone. 12 December 2013, 7:25 AM, PST)
- Leona Lewis: Christmas, With Love – review (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/12/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:09 PM, PST)
- Wednesday Ratings: Nashville, X Factor, Sing-Off, Arrow, Survivor, Back in the Game (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:07 PM, PST)
- The X Factor: Season Three Ratings (Weds) (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Simon Cowell regrets failing to get Spice Girls to join his record label (From RealBollywood. 11 December 2013, 1:27 AM, PST)
- Jay Leno gifts 'mini-me' outfit to Simon Cowell for unborn baby boy (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 11:41 PM, PST)
- The X Factor Top 8 Performance Recap: Big Band That Rocks the Cradle [Updated] (From TVLine.com. 27 November 2013, 8:27 PM, PST)