When The X Factor's James Arthur was put up in a posh London hotel along with the rest of the talent show's finalists, he was unaccustomed to its five-star luxury. "There's a phone in the toilet!" he told fellow contestant Rylan Clark.
But media regulator Ofcom has ruled the ITV programme breached programming rules by giving undue prominence to the Corinthia hotel, overlooking the Thames in central London where a suite can cost up to £3,000 a night.
Eight of the 13 finalists were shown either arriving or making themselves comfortable in the hotel in the first live programme of the last series of Simon Cowell's The X Factor, broadcast on 6 October last year.
Although ITV was not paid money to plug the hotel and its facilities as part of a product placement deal, »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- 9 X Factor acts who must make the Live Shows (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 September 2014, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Austin Healey's Strictly tips: 'A six-pack will only get you so far' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 September 2014, 4:13 AM, PDT)
- Yahoo Sets Free Premiere of Weinstein Co.’s ‘One Chance’ Ahead of Theatrical Bow (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2014, 11:57 AM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 9/22/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 September 2014, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- X Factor: Paul Akister and Lola Saunders are early favourites to win (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 September 2014, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey returns with 8.1 million on ITV, X Factor averages 8.3m (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 September 2014, 3:18 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent's Jack Pack sign record deal with Simon Cowell's Syco (From Digital Spy - TV news. 8 September 2014, 4:02 AM, PDT)
- 'Britain's Got Talent' finalists Jack Pack sign record deal (From Virgin Media - TV. 8 September 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Reality Producers Natalka Znak, Simon Jones Partner with Sky (From Variety - TV News. 4 September 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)